110 Congress RINOs and DINOs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  110 Congress RINOs and DINOs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 110 Congress RINOs and DINOs  (Read 4444 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 22, 2006, 06:59:46 PM »

I'm surprised at Snowe's percentage there... I did some research into stuff like that early in the millennium and she wasn't much different from Specter or McCain or Gordon Smith or even Thad Cochran. She was certainly voting to the right of Collins around then. In fact, when you remember that Senators do not purely vote their positions but also have their electorates in mind... you'd be tempted to put her to the right of all of them.
Mind you, all were definitely voting with the Republicans more than half the time.
Nelson was pretty close to 50/50 back then from what I remember... Zell Miller was definitely a hardcore Republican in all but name, Chafee was closer to Dem than Rep.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 10:09:20 AM »

It will be interesting to see who will be the biggest RINO's in the House next session. According to National Journal, the 10 most liberal returning House Republicans are (excluding Ron Paul since he is of course a libertarian):

Shays, CT
Castle, DE
Kirk, IL
Ehlers, MI
Johnson, IL
Wilson, NM
Flake, AZ
Gilchrest, MD
Jones, NC
Ramstad, MN
Flake's a libertarian as well.
Pages: [1]