Arizona Reigns as Fastest-Growing State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:50:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Arizona Reigns as Fastest-Growing State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona Reigns as Fastest-Growing State  (Read 5916 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: December 22, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »

Arizona gaining two seats might be good for the Democrats.

Arizona became the first state to reject a gay marriage ban.
Arizona added two Democrats to its delegation, and Democrats made impressive gains in the legislature.

This is the type of State Democrats _MUST_ be able to win after 2010.

James

First, the measure was rejected because it banned both civil unions as well as 'gay marriage.'  If it had merely dealt with marriage, the measure would have passed handly,

Secondly, a civil war broke out in Arizona between the big business Republicans and conservative Republicans.  The stupid and arrogant big business types act like the Sunnis in Iraq (they believe that even though they are in a minority, they are foreordained to rid roughshod over everybody else).   
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »

Arizona gaining two seats might be good for the Democrats.

Arizona became the first state to reject a gay marriage ban.
Arizona added two Democrats to its delegation, and Democrats made impressive gains in the legislature.

This is the type of State Democrats _MUST_ be able to win after 2010.

James

First, the measure was rejected because it banned both civil unions as well as 'gay marriage.'  If it had merely dealt with marriage, the measure would have passed handly,

Secondly, a civil war broke out in Arizona between the big business Republicans and conservative Republicans.  The stupid and arrogant big business types act like the Sunnis in Iraq (they believe that even though they are in a minority, they are foreordained to rid roughshod over everybody else).   

Most states would have passed the gay marriage ban, reguardless if it included banning civil unions or not. Look at Wisconsin.

Oh, I havn't heard any news reports of conservative and big business Republicans fighting and rioting, and shooting eachother. Please give me a link.

James

First, I do not know if "most states would have passed the gay marriage ban even if it included banning civil unions."  I do know that Arizona has a libertarian leaning conservatism which believes in tolerance but does NOT require endorsement.

Second, the big business type Republicans (derisively known as 'country clubbers') HAD influence in Arizona politics far above their relative numbers in the electorate.  The Democrats have contempt for them, as do conservative Republicans (now).  Apparently you are unaware that in American politics, violence is rarely employed.  However, some elements are just as irrationally arrogant at the Iraqi Sunnis.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »

I hear McCain is still looking for lettuce pickers at $50 an hour.

Thanks.

Yes, McCain is a slimebag!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies