The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 4902 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2006, 09:57:21 AM »

Ok, let's see here:

First, I'm surprised that Cynic resigned.  I wasn't expecting to become President, but I'll fulfill the job to the best of my abilities.  I'm not promising anything though.

Second, I'll be looking for VP.  If you want to apply, just send me your application.  I will also be contacting some people who I think would make good VPs.

Third, my primary focus as President will be on reform.  This is by far the most important issue.

Finally, just to give you a heads up, I will travelling to San Diego from the 27th of December to the 2nd of January.  I might have internet access; I might not.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »

Second, I'll be looking for VP.  If you want to apply, just send me your application.  I will also be contacting some people who I think would make good VPs.

You're taking your time contacting me then Wink

Dave 'Hawk'
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »

You're taking your time contacting me then Wink

Dave 'Hawk'

Ah what the hell - i'll express an interest too. I'm doing sod all as a justice anyway.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

I hereby nominate Afleitch for the position of Vice President.  I am close to securing an Associate Justice, in case you are wondering.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »

I'm slighly overwhelmed but delighted that the President has faith in my to hold this office and I accept his nomination. However, if anyone has any reservations or questions they wish to ask me please do so.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:58:43 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I'll be leaving tomorrow for San Diego.  I'll post if I can.

Also, I'd like to announce that I will not be a candidate for President of Atlasia in the February 2007 elections.  I will not be a candidate for any office unless it is under a new Atlasian system, or we are actively working towards a new system.  Furthermore, unless Atlasia is dramatically changed, I will not be an active participant after my term ends.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 01:43:41 PM »

The President is appalled at the slow pace of reform with regard to the Third Constitution on the Senate floor.  As our news agency says, unless reform is enacted quickly, the game is going to die.  We must work quickly to secure Atlasia for the future.  The third constitution is a comprehensive plan that will at least ensure that Atlasia will become vibrant and fun again.  One can only hope that the next session of the Senate is more productive than this one.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »

The President is appalled at the slow pace of reform with regard to the Third Constitution on the Senate floor.  As our news agency says, unless reform is enacted quickly, the game is going to die.  We must work quickly to secure Atlasia for the future.  The third constitution is a comprehensive plan that will at least ensure that Atlasia will become vibrant and fun again.  One can only hope that the next session of the Senate is more productive than this one.

Well, Christmas and New Year is not exactly the best time of year for the Senate to be firing on full cylinders. I consider it wishful thinking if you had expected the Third Constitution to be done and dusted by the end of the current Senate. Just because I'm content, more or less, to support your proposed Constitution en bloc, you can't expect every other member of the Senate to feel the same; hence, an array of amendments to work through

Dave 'Hawk'
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »

Well, Christmas and New Year is not exactly the best time of year for the Senate to be firing on full cylinders. I consider it wishful thinking if you had expected the Third Constitution to be done and dusted by the end of the current Senate. Just because I'm content, more or less, to support your proposed Constitution en bloc, you can't expect every other member of the Senate to feel the same; hence, an array of amendments to work through

Dave 'Hawk'

I have to agree. I think alot of the slow speed of progress is due to the time of year at which it was introduced. First it was the end of a Senate session and second it's during the holiday season when most likely half of Atlasia is away for some period of time. I'm sure further into January progress will grow faster as more people are able to be on for longer periods of time.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

I will be delivering my State of the Forum address sometime this weekend.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 05:06:39 PM »

I hereby nominate Adam (or Vlad or Captain Vlad) to be Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Atlasia.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »

I hereby nominate Adam (or Vlad or Captain Vlad) to be Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Atlasia.

Last time I checked Adam was not a registered voter of the Republic of Atlasia which is a prerequisite for being a judge.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »

Last time I checked Adam was not a registered voter of the Republic of Atlasia which is a prerequisite for being a judge.

He's the first person on the voter roll.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »

Oh alright. Wow, I thought he deregistered.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »

Oh alright. Wow, I thought he deregistered.

He was taken off the list, but then recently registered again.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »

I will be vetoing the Restriction of Child Labor Bill.  Even if my current concern about the independent teenagers is resolved, I will still use the Presidential veto.  First of all, I feel that as long as federalism exists in this nation, child labor laws should be decided first at the local level.  Deciding how long children can work in federal territories in the Pacific Ocean does not take into account the diverse economies that these different island territories face.  For this reason, I shall be vetoing the Restriction of Child Labor Bill.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »

In response to the protests in the capital regarding the dire needed reform, I am more than happy to hear the conerns of these protestors.  In fact, I'd like to do a press conference of town hall meeting with these protestors (maybe the GM could set this up somehow?).
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 09:49:23 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2007, 09:51:49 PM by Senator Dave 'Hawk' PPT »

I will be vetoing the Restriction of Child Labor Bill.  Even if my current concern about the independent teenagers is resolved, I will still use the Presidential veto.  First of all, I feel that as long as federalism exists in this nation, child labor laws should be decided first at the local level.  Deciding how long children can work in federal territories in the Pacific Ocean does not take into account the diverse economies that these different island territories face.  For this reason, I shall be vetoing the Restriction of Child Labor Bill.

It's the last time I take on board any of your concerns, sir. I don't know why I even bother Roll Eyes looking for any acceptable compromises these days.

Dave 'Hawk'
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »

It's the last time I take on board any of your concerns, sir. I don't know why I even bother Roll Eyes looking for any acceptable compromises these says

Dave 'Hawk'

Well if the Senate does override my veto, I want the bill to be coherent.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »

It is my intention to veto the Airline Protection bill as it stands.  I am not one for restricting foreign access into Atlasian companies.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »

I have two announcements to make, both related to Atlasia's economy.

First, I am happy to announce that Bono will now be serving as Chief Advisor to the President for Economic Affairs.  Since all powers that the Secretary of the Treasury had are now for the President, I need some assistance on making these decisions.

Second, I am also happy to announce the creation of the Presidential Commission on Economic Recovery.  With the GM's latest report on unemployment, Atlasia's economy looks bleak.  For this, I have asked my economic advisor Bono, and Senators Wixted, Ebowed, and Ernest to join me in the endeavor.  We will begin conduct meetings to find a suitable plan of action shortly.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »

I have an announcement that I am reconsidering my past statements on a White House bid in February.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

As it has become clear that Boss Tweed and I have different views on his role as Attorney General, I have noticed that he is not willing to serve at the pleasure of the President.  I asked him to resign, but he has refused.  For this reason, I hereby dismiss Boss Tweed from his position as Attorney General and nominate Brandon W.

I would like the Senate to confirm both my nominees currently on the table once the new session starts.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »

As it has become clear that Boss Tweed and I have different views on his role as Attorney General, I have noticed that he is not willing to serve at the pleasure of the President.  I asked him to resign, but he has refused.  For this reason, I hereby dismiss Boss Tweed from his position as Attorney General and nominate Brandon W.

I would like the Senate to confirm both my nominees currently on the table once the new session starts.

I can call the hearings now, if you wish

'Hawk'
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 09:53:18 PM »

I can call the hearings now, if you wish

'Hawk'

Well if the new session starts tomorrow, I don't see the point of calling them tonight.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies