Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:45:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008  (Read 6407 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: December 23, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »

I, for one, believe that he is little more than a flash in the pan. When the election season really kicks in, Obama-mania will die.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:32:28 PM »

I, for one, believe that he is little more than a flash in the pan. When the election season really kicks in, Obama-mania will die.

... Just saving this one for posterity. Cheesy

Haha, fair enough.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 11:39:43 PM »

The only person on the board with worse political instincts than Vlad and Mitty is AUH20.

My 2006 projections weren't that far off...I wasn't one of the looneys who projected a Santorum victory.

All it takes is a grain of knowledge regarding the history of primaries to see that candidates that heat up this early usually burn up and fade.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:59:50 PM »

Clinton is still the frontrunner without any question, dazzleman.

This early in the race, the front runner is not determined by poll results....rather, whoever is leading in media coverage. Which at this point in time, is definitely Obama.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 12:03:56 AM »

Clinton is still the frontrunner without any question, dazzleman.

This early in the race, the front runner is not determined by poll results....rather, whoever is leading in media coverage. Which at this point in time, is definitely Obama.

No, it's not.

Whenever you see a general election poll, you see the matchup of McCain v. Clinton.  If the media didn't feel those two were the frontrunners they wouldn't be polling them incessantly.

Usually when a poll is conducted, it is done so with multiple candidates which usually include Obama. Clinton is just the default candidate at this moment in time, that doesn't nessecarily make her the front runner. Obama is dominating the tube, the papers, and the blogosphere at this moment in time. This would imply that he has the momentum...he who has the momentum controls the race. The key characteristic of a front runner.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »

Clinton is the frontrunner in every sense of the word.  Sorry, I know ya'll hate Obama and might even be scared of him but it's impossible to call anyone besides Clinton and McCain the frontrunners.

Look at TradeSports for a case contained in a point.

Who said I hated Obama? "Hate" is a word you throw around far to often. I am certainly not scared of him. I in fact encourage his candidacy. It would be far easy to run him over than it would be a Richardson or Edwards led ticket. I simply said that, despite all of the polling, if you ask someone to tell you who they have seen most in the media lately...I could almost garuntee you that they will say Obama.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »

Big mistake.  2008 is not his year.  He really should wait until 2012.

I think he knows that.  This is a warmup for the real thing.  I think he expects to gain some stature and experience from this race, and then try again in 4 or 8 years, depending on circumstances.

That would make more sense than simply pulling a run for president out of his ass this early in his career.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies