82% of Brits think religion does more harm than good
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  82% of Brits think religion does more harm than good
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 82% of Brits think religion does more harm than good  (Read 9268 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2006, 05:29:18 PM »

So you didn't even give him anything at all?  Wow, you really are a cheapskate.

If the Son of God made his Second Coming and turned up at my door, I'd have put on a full banquet for him, as well as for the inevitable press entourage.

Funny how you and God have the exact same idea…for there will be a full banquet at the Second Coming, and you’re invited:

Luke 14:-23 Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'
 18"But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'
 19"Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.'
 20"Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'
 21"The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.'
 22" 'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.'
 23"Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. 24I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.' "
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2006, 05:32:23 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2006, 05:35:29 PM by Joey Jo-Jo Jr. Shabadoo »

Sure, whatever.  I'd just want to be remembered in history as the guy whose house Jesus turned up at out of the blue for dinner.  If he actually enjoyed the meal while he was here, well good for him.  It'd make even better headlines.

Jesus Christ appears at dinner table of Ohio man; enjoys Salisbury steak

"It was delicious," spake the LORD.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies