Atlasia Revitalization Committee Report Resolution
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia Revitalization Committee Report Resolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia Revitalization Committee Report Resolution  (Read 2524 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:53:53 PM »

Although the "fifth slot" is currently occupied by the proposed Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, I have deemed this important enough to consider now

Atlasia Revitilization Committee Report Resolution

The Senate of Atlasia requests that the Atlasia Revitilization Committee (established under F.L. 15-3 Atlasia Revitilization Act), through a nominated representative, will deliver to the Senate a report of it's progress to date, any findings or reccomendations it has agreed so far, or any other matters which it deems worthy of the Senate's consideration, on or by the 29th of December 2006, three months after the committee's establishment.

Sponsor: Sen. Jas
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

Any senator may challenge my decision pursuant to Article 3, Section 1, Clause 3, of the OSPR within the next 72 hours

Should 1/3 of the Senate (i.e. 3) concur then my decision is overruled

'Hawk'
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 02:03:06 PM »

The Revitalization Committee is dead.  Someone please withdraw this.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »

The Revitalization Committee is dead.  Someone please withdraw this.

I actually raised my concerns with this Resolution once Senator Jas introduced it, so basically, I will quote what I told him then

The Senate of Atlasia requests that the Atlasia Revitilization Committee (established under F.L. 15-3 Atlasia Revitilization Act), through a nominated representative, will deliver to the Senate a report of it's progress to date, any findings or reccomendations it has agreed so far, or any other matters which it deems worthy of the Senate's consideration, on or by the 29th of December 2006, three months after the committee's establishment.

Senator Smiley,

I feel that the Atlasian Revitalization Committee doesn't have that much to report. And the one thing I suggested, my Constitutional Amendment on Voter Registration and Voting Rules is currently under consideration by the Senate, while Senator Ernest introduced his Federal Activity Requirements Revision Bill

The President has submitted his reform plan. A number of prominant Atlasians, Senator Colin Wixted, Associate Justice Afleitch and True Democrat, worked with him on that. It is currently being discussed and put together by Senator Ernest in the form of Constitutional Amendments, while True Democrat has drafted a new Constitution

Given that Atlasia now seems, thanks to the dedication Smiley of all involved in the President's plan, is now on the right track as far as structural government reform goes, I think it better the Senate focus on that rather than track back to the Atlasian Revitalization Committee as much as what was suggested as already been proposed

I'm happy to to allow it time of the floor, but I don't see the need. And once its on the floor, I'll just repeat this statement

Dave 'Hawk'

And he replied:

On the Atlasia Revitilisation Committee, I am willing to withdraw the resolution should the current reform package pass (which I presume would render the committee redundant) or should the committee disband before the resolution reaches the floor.

You make fair points Dave, but should neither or the aforesaid events happen, I would like to see a progress report of the committee for it's first three months. Trouble was taken to set the thing up, to find members and so forth. It would be nice to see some fruits of the labour, or at least some level of accountability.

Should the Senator wish me to withdraw this Resolution from the floor of the Senate, then I shall gladly oblige Smiley; however, should he wish it to stand however then I propose the following amendment:

... on or by noon 4th January 2006, just over three months after the committee's establishment

'Hawk'
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »

Should the Senator wish me to withdraw this Resolution from the floor of the Senate, then I shall gladly oblige Smiley; however, should he wish it to stand however then I propose the following amendment:

... on or by noon 4th January 2006, just over three months after the committee's establishment

'Hawk'

I stand by my previous comments and would like to see a committee report.

Obviously an amendment is necessary regarding the date of delivery. I would have no objection to your amendment Dave, though I'd allow the committee's representative more time if needed (say until the 11th).
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:54:37 AM »

Jas, this is wasting valuable time on the Senate floor.  How many Senators must petition to have a bill withdrawn?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 12:59:23 AM »

Could the Revitalization Committee just give a Report saying it didn't accomplish what it had hoped and let that be the end of it?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 04:24:16 PM »

Jas, this is wasting valuable time on the Senate floor.  How many Senators must petition to have a bill withdrawn?

I am perfectly aware of the value of the Senate's time, Mr. President. I have just introduced a bill seeking to allow more legislation onto the floor at any particular time.

May I ask what particular bills do you feel need to be rushed to the floor? As far as I am aware, the listing of this resolution does not impede upon any agenda you have set forward.

However the Senate spent valuable time, at a number of peoples request, in establishing it, therefore I see no harm in soending valuable time listening to a report of it's work.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

It is not that more legislation should be brought forward.  It is just that debate on this resolution is taking time away from debate on more important matters, in this case the constitution.  It's sad when a resolution in which the end result will give no new information to the Senate is getting more debate than what could possibly be our new constitution.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »

It is not that more legislation should be brought forward.  It is just that debate on this resolution is taking time away from debate on more important matters, in this case the constitution.

How is having this on the floor, at the same time as the proposed new Constitution, taking time away from that work? This resolution in no way impinges the amount of time which is or can be spent working on that document.

It's sad when a resolution in which the end result will give no new information to the Senate is getting more debate than what could possibly be our new constitution.

This is simply not true. The only debate going on here is between us on the propriety of getting a report from the ARC.

I'm sure the rest of the Senate are not so distracted by this to flummox their capacity to consider the constitution being proposed.

By the by, I'd reccomend to the PPT that the amendment on when the report should be presented should be date neutral, preferably allowing the Committtee a week from the passing of the resolution to report.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »

'Hawk'

Obviously an amendment is necessary regarding the date of delivery. I would have no objection to your amendment Dave, though I'd allow the committee's representative more time if needed (say until the 11th).

Having thought about it, I actually think that original Resolution can just be altered without having to go to a vote since it merely changes a date and has no effect on the actual substance of the Resolution

'Hawk'
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

'Hawk'

Having thought about it, I actually think that original Resolution can just be altered without having to go to a vote since it merely changes a date and has no effect on the actual substance of the Resolution

'Hawk'

Excellent Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »

I hereby open the final vote on this Resolution. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain

The Senate of Atlasia requests that the Atlasia Revitilization Committee (established under F.L. 15-3 Atlasia Revitilization Act), through a nominated representative, will deliver to the Senate a report of it's progress to date, any findings or reccomendations it has agreed so far, or any other matters which it deems worthy of the Senate's consideration, on or by noon 4th January 2006, just over three months after the committee's establishment.

'Hawk'
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »

Aye
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 10:16:14 PM »

Nay
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 01:12:59 AM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 01:25:28 PM »

Aye
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »

The position I took in response to this Resolution stands. I don't see the need. It's work, much of which has already been considered by the Senate, has effectively been superseded by the proposed Third Constitution, which is currently being considered by the Senate; therefore, I vote Nay on this Resolution

Any eventual report will likely go no further than the statement I've previously made

'Hawk'
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 12:00:56 PM »

Aye
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 10:05:10 PM »

This Resolution has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes

'Hawk'
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »

AYE
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix