2008 Senate predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2008 Senate predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Senate predictions  (Read 5309 times)
Soaring Eagle

« on: December 29, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »
« edited: December 29, 2006, 05:13:06 PM by Soaring Eagle »

I'm not going to make predictions until I know who is retiring, running, etc. However, I will make a map of states that could potentially be competitive.

Many of these depend on who is retiring. Harkin, Levin, Warner, and Stevens are all running, so I doubt those will flip. The others are uncertain. Cornyn is worth 34 electoral votes.

Dark = Competitive
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:05:12 PM »

I'm not going to make predictions until I know who is retiring, running, etc. However, I will make a map of states that could potentially be competitive.

Many of these depend on who is retiring. Harkin, Levin, Warner, and Stevens are all running, so I doubt those will flip. The others are uncertain. Cornyn is worth 34 electoral votes.

Dark = Competitive

Is Cochran or Baucus retiring? If not, they should win hands down unless there is something I dont know about them.

I think MA will be competivite if Kerry does run again. His approval ratings are terrible.

Cochran may. Baucus' seat could be competitive if Rehberg runs, but he would still be the favorite.

As for Kerry, a Republican could not beat him in a state as liberal as MA. I was thinking more of a strong primary challenge.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »

At this point I'd say the map favors the dems, if only because the GOP has more seats to defend and more potential retirements.
There's also a few seats where people were lucky to have been elected such as:
NH: phone jamming scandal
MN: plane crash
OR: 9/11 factor

You could say that every race was influenced by 9/11, as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies