Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2016, 09:22:12 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Problem showing maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem showing maps  (Read 243 times)
Watermelon sin Jamón
Zanas46
YaBB God
France

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:33:04 am »
Ignore

Hi y'all. It's been a while, but I didn't disturb me enough until now, when my pal Tony has started this seemingly fascinating thread. The problem is : I cannot see the maps. Same goes for all the maps in the gallery.

I cannot see the maps on my office computer, which I never found too surprising because some network securities tend to mess up a bunch of things on my browsing. But I also cannot see the maps on my home laptop, which is way sadder.

A few months ago, I had two laptops at home, and I could see the maps (in the threads and the gallery) on one of those, and could not on the other. I kept the latter. I always used Firefox on both, they were both Toshibas with Win 7, so I'm not really sure about why the discrepancy.

Still, what's the picture format used for all these maps, and can you help me show them on my browser ?

Thanks y'all.

IN NATE WE still TRUST?

I haven't seen anything pointing to a Brexit win at this point, when you factor in how a referendum actually works.

My French blog
I did not see L.A.
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »
Ignore

Really weird. I can see all the gallery images just fine. Imgur images have been giving us problems for a year or so now, but this can't be the same issue.

I'm using windows 10 and Chrome, fwiw, but I see no reason why they shouldn't work on 7 and Firefox either.

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

-- Ted Kennedy
Watermelon sin Jamón
Zanas46
YaBB God
France

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:02:27 am »
Ignore

So I solved my problem. It was AdBlock. Apparently, and whyever, it treats most maps here as ads and blocks them. I would prefer it blocked some huge bullshit pictures in signatures, but hey.

So I will be able to taste your thread, Tonio!

IN NATE WE still TRUST?

I haven't seen anything pointing to a Brexit win at this point, when you factor in how a referendum actually works.

My French blog
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:26:59 am »
Ignore

So I solved my problem. It was AdBlock. Apparently, and whyever, it treats most maps here as ads and blocks them. I would prefer it blocked some huge bullshit pictures in signatures, but hey.

The solution is to turn signatures off.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
I did not see L.A.
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:29:40 am »
Ignore

Yay! Smiley

(though it's weird, I use adblock too and never got that problem - maybe you can change the settings somewhere?)

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

-- Ted Kennedy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout