Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 27, 2017, 05:50:05 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  What happened to the French election topic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What happened to the French election topic?  (Read 701 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 05:44:47 pm »
Ignore

Threads on that board do not mysteriously delete themselves, there are no bugs on the system that could cause that, anyone claiming this as a possible explanation is telling lies.

Edu
Ufokart
YaBB God
Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »
Ignore

It's a real pity, the International Elections board is still the best thing this forum has, by far.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »
Ignore

Incidentally, Dave will know who deleted it because he has access (of course) to all the relevant logs. I presume Eric does as well?

AMA IL TUO PRESIDENTE!
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »
Ignore

Incidentally, Dave will know who deleted it because he has access (of course) to all the relevant logs. I presume Eric does as well?

Can someone (who has a chance of getting a response from him before the end of the universe) ask either of them? I really want to get to the end of this story.

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 06:21:01 pm »
Ignore

Didn't know there's such a record.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 06:38:24 pm »
Ignore

Can someone (who has a chance of getting a response from him before the end of the universe) ask either of them? I really want to get to the end of this story.

Pretty sure the modadmins don't have access to such information.  Only Dave would know.  As for someone contacting him "who has a chance of getting a response from him before the end of the universe", I'm unaware of any such person existing.  Dave ignores the moderators all the time, and I don't know how to get him to respond to any inquiries.  I'm still trying to get him to take away my mod powers, but he ignores me.  You are welcome to email him and ask him yourself, but I'm not too optimistic about either you or anyone else getting a response.

Unless.....

The one thing that might get his attention is if someone starts a thread here about a problem with the Atlas, then ambushes him with the question at hand.  E.g., a thread titled "The 1872 Virginia results are wrong", and then the actual thread is about "Please tell us what happened to the French election thread.  Also, when will you take away Morden's mod powers?"

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:37 am »
Ignore

"Please tell us what happened to the French election thread.  Also, when will you take away Morden's mod powers?"

Hmm... your public anxiety of having these powers remaining with you makes me suspicious of your true motives Tongue Are you trying some reverse psychology mambo jumbo?
DavidB.
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: 5.30

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 01:36:01 pm »
Ignore

Zanas probably did it.
Rogier
JosepBroz
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 05:29:41 am »
Ignore

That would explain why my post count dropped by 150 posts yesterday night.

WTF? Huh

So that's why my post count dropped as well...

Who was the OP?

I believe Watermelon sin Jamón

Ugh, did Zanas do that? Why? Cry

I don't think there's a way to check who deleted a thread other than such person confirming this.

Well, there are only five people who had the ability to: Zanas, Gaël, Nym, Muon, or Dave.

The simple solution is to ban them all then, regardless of their status.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout