Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 01:58:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  New Forum Issues/Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Forum Issues/Problems  (Read 5528 times)
Ryan
ryanmasc

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2003, 02:07:06 pm »
Ignore

Each time I use punctuation such as    "     or     '  
I get something like ’ instead in the actual post. I'm sure they must be a simple explanation and a simple way to avoid it (aside from not using punctuation) but being relatively Technologically challenged Smiley I have no idea what to do. Could someone guide me on this?

Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 09:09:31 pm »

Does your computer use "smart quotes" that tilt to the right or left?  I don't seem to have a problem when I type in ' and "
Ryan
ryanmasc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 04:45:54 am »
Ignore

Ok I seem to be having a really bad week when it comes to the New forum Smiley Smiley Here’s what is happening now: I cannot see the last several posts I made in several forum sections. When I go to the relevant discussion (eg. Election Odds in 2004 U.S. Presidential Election)  I just see the last post nym90 made there and no sign of mine. However my post tally has increased with each one I posted and (get this) they register in the "Last Post" column on the main forum page and not only that, when I click on the link, I see the post at its place in the discussion after nym's post. Can anyone shed any light on this phenomenon??

Ryan
ryanmasc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 04:47:53 am »
Ignore

Does your computer use "smart quotes" that tilt to the right or left?  I don't seem to have a problem when I type in ' and "

Thanks Dave, Thats one problem solved. It was the "smart Quotes" that were causing the screwups. I've disabled that. Now can you help me witht he next problem given above?? Cheesy

Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 08:06:42 am »

Ryan,
I can see your message from this morning in "Election Odds".  Did you try to reload the page?  Some browsers cache the url and give you the same thing every time you look at it, until you refresh.

Dave
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 11:19:52 pm »

Is there a way to put a search in this forum where members/guests can type in a topic, or a politician's name, or something, where it'll bring us to any post/thread related to that topic/post, thereby eliminating the frustration when someone keeps posting on the same subject, or brings up something in another thread that doesn't belong there?
Thanks, CHRIS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout