Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 08:03:23 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)  (Read 41721 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2010, 10:52:28 pm »
Ignore

Excellent, this is stickied! I often have a hard time finding this thread.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:35 pm »
Ignore

Dave, is there any chance we could get clarification on what to with blanket primaries? They don't quite fit any of the definitions presented in the upload script. I've just been doing them as open primaries, but I would like your opinion...

Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2010, 04:20:15 pm »
Ignore

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?f=0&off=99

Click on the state you're interested in.

Dave, you should put a link on the election results page. That would be more convenient, particularly for new people Smiley

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
Ignore

When I open up the upload page, it tells me to log in, even though I already am logged in.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2010, 08:24:51 pm »

When I open up the upload page, it tells me to log in, even though I already am logged in.

Thanks - try it now.

Dave
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2010, 01:09:08 am »
Ignore

It works now. Thanks.

Update reading list

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2010, 04:11:03 pm »
Ignore

Dave, is there any chance we'll ever be able to submit primaries for third parties?

dadge
Rookie
United Kingdom

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2011, 09:00:59 am »
Ignore

I've put this question on the Vote UK board but I'll put it here too 'cause you guys might be able to help me:

I've got Boundary Line from the Ordnance Survey but I've never used GIS software so I'm a bit stuck. (In fact that's not quite true, but the last time I used it was 1985 and it was a bit different then!) This PC is a crappy Athlon 2600+ 1.92 GHz with 480MB of RAM, so ArcGIS is out of the question. In this very room there are two more PCs and I can set to work on improving the memory situation, but before I do that, is there any more slimline software, or online application, that I could use? Cheers, A
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
Ignore

I'm trying to upload maps, but I'm getting all this:

Error: First-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check selected state and whether first line of data file is the correct data for the first county of the selected state.

Error: Geographic type Type for Name is not in database. Please check spelling or email Dave

Check to be sure that the header row has been removed from the data file (data file should only include county, city, and state-level data rows and no column titles)
Error: Last-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check whether last line of data file is the correct data for the statewide total (does the file have blank lines?).

Error: Candidate 1 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 2 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 3 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Can anyone help me? This is quite frustrating Sad

nclib
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2012, 09:58:47 pm »
Ignore

BTW, what does WIP mean (on some user-generated county maps)?

[George W. Bush] has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all. -- Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY)

"George Bush supports abstinence. Lucky Laura."
- sign seen at the March for Women's Lives, 4/25/04

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2012, 07:00:03 pm »
Ignore

BTW, what does WIP mean (on some user-generated county maps)?

I suspect that it's an ongoing work in progress?
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »
Ignore

I'm trying to upload maps, but I'm getting all this:

Error: First-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check selected state and whether first line of data file is the correct data for the first county of the selected state.

Error: Geographic type Type for Name is not in database. Please check spelling or email Dave

Check to be sure that the header row has been removed from the data file (data file should only include county, city, and state-level data rows and no column titles)
Error: Last-line fips code of the data file does not match the chosen state. Check whether last line of data file is the correct data for the statewide total (does the file have blank lines?).

Error: Candidate 1 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 2 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Error: Candidate 3 name entered in the form, but has 0 total vote. Check that data file columns match candidate numbers.

Can anyone help me? This is quite frustrating Sad

Yeah it can be confusing. If you want to upload the file somewhere I can take a look at it for you.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2012, 12:32:51 am »
Ignore

DAVE,

The upload system doesn't seem to allow elections from 2012. It gives me "year is invalid." I notice nobody else has uploaded any 2012 maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have the same problem.

Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

DAVE,

The upload system doesn't seem to allow elections from 2012. It gives me "year is invalid." I notice nobody else has uploaded any 2012 maps, so I wouldn't be surprised if others have the same problem.
Thanks -
this should now be corrected.
Dave
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2012, 04:12:22 pm »
Ignore

I just contributed the data for the 1962 Wisconsin governor's race, the first one after the founding of Menominee County.  But when I submitted the data, the Menominee County vote still shows up for Shawano County (the county Menominee County was formed out of.)  Anybody know how to fix this, please?

PS: Could you please help me also with the 2012 Wisconsin recall elections?  It showed up after 1960 instead of at the top after I uploaded the data.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
Ignore

I have two more questions: when I try to upload the data for the 1960 Michigan Governor's race, it keeps telling me that something is wrong with the FIPS code (which I've checked and it seems to be all right).  I've tried to correct the errors but I can't seem to think of what might be wrong with it.  Any help with this, please?

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
Harry
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:52 pm »
Ignore

This may have been addressed long ago, but would it be possible to add Agriculture Commissioner to the list statewide offices we can upload?
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »

This may have been addressed long ago, but would it be possible to add Agriculture Commissioner to the list statewide offices we can upload?

Hi,
Thanks - I have updated the script and database to support Agriculture Commissioner.
Enjoy,
Dave
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:46:18 pm by Dave Leip »Logged
Harry
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2014, 04:10:44 pm »
Ignore

Hi,
Thanks - I have updated the script and database to support Agriculture Commissioner.
Enjoy,
Dave

Awesome, thanks. I'll be uploading some Mississippi results today.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout