John Elway for US Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  John Elway for US Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: John Elway for US Senate  (Read 17340 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

This was actually in the paper today but this article is similar to it...

Hush, Hush & On The QT: John Elway for US Senate?

Now that former Bronco quarterback, John Elway has gone his separate way with the AutoNation Car Dealerships, does that mean he is ready to run for office? And if he does, why not make it the US Senate in 2008?
Elway has been a Republican stalwart for many years, supporting Republican candidates such as Rick O'Donnell, Scott McInnis, Pete Coors, Tom Tancredo, Bob Beauprez and George W. Bush in the tune of thousands of dollars. Plus, Elway has collaborated with Republican get-out-the-vote efforts with robo-calls messages, fundraisers and public appearances. That means there are a lot of political IOU's out there to sustain an Elway run for senate.

In the past, Elway has polled "very positively" with Colorado voters and still has tremendous name recognition throughout the state. With Elway on top of a statewide ticket in 2008, it certainly would put the Republicans back into play in Colorado politics.

---------------
I hope this happens. I'm not Broncos fan but I would prefer him over Allard.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »

Ugh, I can't stand Elway.  I don't care what his politics are, he just rubs me the wrong way.
RBH

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »

The three worst things a person can be are:

1) A Nazi war criminal
2) A child molester
3) John Elway

As a Chiefs fan, let me add, screw you Elway!
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:20:52 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2006, 07:22:41 PM by CPT MikeyMike »

Ugh, I can't stand Elway.  I don't care what his politics are, he just rubs me the wrong way.
You and RBH must be rooting for the same teams!

1) A Nazi war criminal
2) A child molester
3) John Elway

I would say the same thing if Derek Jeter ran for public office!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:30:14 PM »

1) A Nazi war criminal
2) A child molester
3) John Elway

What about Bin Laden

Grin
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 12:50:10 PM »

Didn't the draw Beauperez's district to be favorable if Elway ran for Congress?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »

This guy's mug is all over the TV in Denver. He's constantly hawking his car dealerships nonstop in TV commercials.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 01:36:15 PM »

1) A Nazi war criminal
2) A child molester
3) John Elway

What about Bin Laden

Grin
Bin Laden is John Elway, silly.

Grin
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »

Didn't the draw Beauperez's district to be favorable if Elway ran for Congress?

It was drawn by a court, so I highly doubt it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 03:59:45 AM »

He'd probably turn into another Steve Largent (R-OK) or Lynn Swann (R-PA)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »

Cute...

I was never an Elway fan. As far as I am concerned, he will always be that horse-faced Jackass who played for a team that I hated.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 05:24:55 PM »

Suddenly everyone's a politician.
RBH

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 06:12:24 PM »

Did you know that John Elway sacrificed house pets to the devil in order to help his performance in big games?

Granted, I haven't checked the sources on that. Cheesy
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »

Did you know that John Elway sacrificed house pets to the devil in order to help his performance in big games?

Then you have quite a future in political advertising. Wink
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 11:00:39 AM »

does anyone here remember when richard petty ran for sec of state in nc?  lol.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 12:31:28 AM »

I'm sure you can find a source somewhere.  World Net Daily, Newsmax and Fox are good places to start.  But they'll probably like Elway...
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »

He would win

He should run
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 5.22

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »

He's already ruled it out.  They're looking at him for governor or senate in 2010.  That might be an even bigger election here in Colorado.  2004 was split results.  2006 was a major win for Dems.  2008 may, like 2004, be mixed.  2010 could be a real signpost year for Colorado.  The GOP will really be bringing the heat and it may be with the help of Elway. 

Until then we've got Bob Schaffer lined up to give a run at Allard's seat.  Though it seems I'm alone on this site, I'm very optimistic.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »

Until then we've got Bob Schaffer lined up to give a run at Allard's seat.  Though it seems I'm alone on this site, I'm very optimistic.

The biggest mistake CO Republicans did was to electe Pete Coors instead of Schaffer in the '04 primary. I bet you Schaffer would have beaten Salazar.

If Udall wins in '08, it will be a VERY close margin. I think he is favored but don't expect him to get no more than 51-52% of the vote.

BTW Rawlings: What part of CO are you from? I lived in the Springs until Feb of this year.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

He's already ruled it out.  They're looking at him for governor or senate in 2010.  That might be an even bigger election here in Colorado.  2004 was split results.  2006 was a major win for Dems.  2008 may, like 2004, be mixed.  2010 could be a real signpost year for Colorado.  The GOP will really be bringing the heat and it may be with the help of Elway. 

Wait... 2004 produced mixed results? I seem to recall the Democrats winning control of both chambers of the state legislature, gaining a House seat and the Senate seat, and netting a larger percentage of the vote in the Presidential race than any election since 1964.

Talk about rose-tinted glasses.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:29 PM »

Yeah, John Elway already ruled out running. If he actually did run, he'd slaughter anyone who dared to run against him.
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 08:35:09 PM »

Wait... 2004 produced mixed results? I seem to recall the Democrats winning control of both chambers of the state legislature, gaining a House seat and the Senate seat, and netting a larger percentage of the vote in the Presidential race than any election since 1964.

Talk about rose-tinted lenses.

Bush won the state.  That was the gold standard.  The state GOP simply got blindsided by the Dems' work in the various legislative districts.  Most people thought Coors was in trouble but nobody knew how bad it really was at the local level.  So they used their resources and energy on keeping Colorado red for Bush.  That worked but it started the roll down the hill that's gotten us to where we are today.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:20 PM »

Talk about rose-tinted lenses.

Bush won the state.  That was the gold standard.  The state GOP simply got blindsided by the Dems' work in the various legislative districts.  Most people thought Coors was in trouble but nobody knew how bad it really was at the local level.  So they used their resources and energy on keeping Colorado red for Bush.  That worked but it started the roll down the hill that's gotten us to where we are today.

You seem to have missed that, despite "[them using] their resources and energy on keeping Colorado red for Bush," Kerry put on a stronger performance in Colorado than any Democrat since Johnson. Then think that they must have invested those same resources in 2006 in the House and state-level races and got basically the same results as 2004, losing the Governor's mansion, more seats in the state legislature and another House seat.

You, my friend, have a delusional view of your state's politics.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 08:47:03 PM »

The biggest mistake CO Republicans did was to electe Pete Coors instead of Schaffer in the '04 primary. I bet you Schaffer would have beaten Salazar.

This is revisionist silliness. Coors was universally acknowledged as the stronger candidate of the two; even in 2004, it was recognized that Schaffer's shrill brand of conservatism doesn't play well beyond Colorado Springs and the eastern plains.
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »

If Udall wins in '08, it will be a VERY close margin. I think he is favored but don't expect him to get no more than 51-52% of the vote.

BTW Rawlings: What part of CO are you from? I lived in the Springs until Feb of this year.

I agree 100% with you.  I voted Schaffer in the primary.  That spiff was obviously the beginning of the fall of the mighty GOP in Colorado.  We're just fine when all our ducks are in a row and we're united.  But the last few years there has been downright fratricide.

I thank God that Schaffer wont' get primaried next year.  Dick Wadhams pushed McInnis out of the race leaving it open for Schaffer.  That's huge.  If either Udall or Schaffer win I'm with you--it won't be by any more than what Salazar beat Coors by.  Fortunately Udall isn't Salazar and Schaffer isn't Coors.

I'm in littleton/lakewood in the sw 'burbs of Denver.  Beautiful city. 

Though I've travelled extensively I've never gotten down to Oklahoma yet.  What are the big differences you see between the two states?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies