What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:08:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!  (Read 4086 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »

Pro-life people who use these pictures and silly little facts are just trying to emotionally blackmail us into agreeing with them.

"Silly little facts."  Yeah! Don't let those things stand in the way!

"Emotionally blackmail" also known as letting people know what actually happens during an abortion and to those that are aborted.

The silly little facts I am referring to is that people will stand outside of an abortion clinic and say stupid things like "your child already has fingernails" and useless stuff like that.  When my aunt was 22, she decided to have an abortion, and was harassed without mercy by people outside of one such clinic.  People who are pro-life need to step back, and let people make their own choices.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »

Pro-life people who use these pictures and silly little facts are just trying to emotionally blackmail us into agreeing with them.

"Silly little facts."  Yeah! Don't let those things stand in the way!

"Emotionally blackmail" also known as letting people know what actually happens during an abortion and to those that are aborted.

The silly little facts I am referring to is that people will stand outside of an abortion clinic and say stupid things like "your child already has fingernails" and useless stuff like that.  When my aunt was 22, she decided to have an abortion, and was harassed without mercy by people outside of one such clinic.  People who are pro-life need to step back, and let people make their own choices.

Again, "silly little facts" that point to signs of life. Your aunt was harrassed but that doesn't happen in most cases. Most people peacefully protest and pray outside of clinics. I did so once and when we finished we had gotten word that two women decided to save their "child with fingernails."

You talk about stepping back and letting people "make their own choices." Well, it's not that simple when you have another being in question. This never has been and never will be an issue of just the mother's choice. I fight for the baby girl who will never have a chance to be that mother. Believe it or not, I also fight for those that feel that their only option is abortion when it isn't.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

People who are pro-life need to step back, and let people make their own choices.

That would pretty much make them pro-choice, which kind of defeats the point.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:38 PM »

Those that committ them of course.

So just the doctor?  Or the doctor and anyone who assists in the procedure?  Or the doctor, anyone who assists in the procedure and the woman who submits to the procedure?

And then, what punishment would you prescribe for each?
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

The abortion doctor commits premeditated murder (which I believe is downgraded to physician assisted suicide consented to by the parents on behalf of the dead), the nurses commit accessory (also, IMHO, to assisted suicide), donors to the clinic commit aiding and abetting (again, IMHO, to assisted suicide), and the parents commit murder for hire (which, IMHO is reduced to suicide, and I believe is further mitigated by the fact that the state has no jurisdiction over family matters).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »

This was done to see if what I said in another thread is true. I said that the images of the aborted baby would not be allowed while the clubbing of baby seals is allowed to play to our emotions. Hopefully, I am wrong.
The one is human, the other is not.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say these images should be deleted or anything, but there IS a major difference. Maybe compare with graphic images of the carnage at Bhopal or Seveso.
Ah, I forgot that's never shown either. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

This was done to see if what I said in another thread is true. I said that the images of the aborted baby would not be allowed while the clubbing of baby seals is allowed to play to our emotions. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Hey, thanks for making my point.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »

Hey, thanks for making my point.

Only sort of... (Yeah, I know what you're aiming at)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »

Agree with that. Don't actually have much of a problem with the first set of images anyway.
Worse things go on in slaughterhouses.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »

Agree with that. Don't actually have much of a problem with the first set of images anyway.
Worse things go on in slaughterhouses.
Yep.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »

If you were appalled by the clubbing of baby seals what do you think of these?
Warning -The picture below are hideous. If you are squeamish do not scroll down.

I wonder what God is going to have to say about abortion at Judgment? 

Nothing, as there is no god.

As for the photos, none of us are going to look particularly pretty when we're dead, I can assure, and even if you do, just wait a little while.

I can't say I'm riled much by either the baby seals or the aborted.  I get creeped out more by pictures of people suffering who are still alive.  We need more suffering reduction - which is mostly about redistrubution/reduction in brutality - and also in the end better euthanasia.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »

The abortion doctor commits premeditated murder (which I believe is downgraded to physician assisted suicide consented to by the parents on behalf of the dead), the nurses commit accessory (also, IMHO, to assisted suicide), donors to the clinic commit aiding and abetting (again, IMHO, to assisted suicide), and the parents commit murder for hire (which, IMHO is reduced to suicide, and I believe is further mitigated by the fact that the state has no jurisdiction over family matters).

So do they go to jail, pay a fine or what?
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 11:37:24 PM »

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to react to those pictures. I only said look at them and then asked what you think about them.

For my part I was very much pro-choice when I first saw similar pictures. After seeing them I tried to rationalize them in view of my pro-choice beliefs. I wrestled with that for quite a while. Ulitmately it came down to asking myself, do I support this? The answer came back no I can't support that.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 02:24:47 AM »

I don't think that the state should be in the business of protecting rights that have been waved by the soverign individuals involved.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 08:56:46 AM »

There's no real difference between that and what PETA do.

Both show the gruesome consequences of choices.

I do have issues with abortions that take place at late enough a stage that the foetus could be delivered. More often than not (a fact the pro-lifers (btw I stand with George Carlin on what a revolting corruption of the English langauge that is) don't like to acknowledge)) the majority of abortions which lead to the images shown take place due to medical reasons, not choice.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 04:53:54 AM »

I would actually support committing an abortion of conveniece on yourself (the old coat hanger in the alley folks like bringing up) being made grounds to be declared mentally unfit to function in society.

What's the logic in this?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »

I don't think that the state should be in the business of protecting rights that have been waved by the soverign individuals involved.

I basically agree.  I don't see how we can afford to criminalize abortion.  Our jails are full as it is.  There is the Gary North-Rousas Rushdooney-David Chilton perspective of course.  Just execute all the doctors, nurses and abortive mothers for murder.

Insanely evil?  No doubt.  But it would seem to indicate that at least they truly regard the fetus as fully human. The folks who want to criminalize abortion, but not punish it -- or punish it through prison time, fines or some other sanction -- strike me as not fully believing their rhetoric.  Unless, of course, they are against all capital punishment.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

I would actually support committing an abortion of conveniece on yourself (the old coat hanger in the alley folks like bringing up) being made grounds to be declared mentally unfit to function in society.

What's the logic in this?

Practicing surgery on yourself? Self-mutilation? Unless it isn't as dangerous as it's made out to be.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies