Lynch may run against Sununu after all
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lynch may run against Sununu after all
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lynch may run against Sununu after all  (Read 2096 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:04:46 PM »

As to why and where I found out in Ohio/who told me, that is a secret Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »

And therefore, I'm not particularly inclined to believe you.  Sorry, but we need a link to a reputable source of information.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

And therefore, I'm not particularly inclined to believe you.  Sorry, but we need a link to a reputable source of information.

Fine with me whether or not you believe this.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 09:22:09 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2007, 10:06:51 PM by Deano963 »

This is sort of out there already. Bob Novak floated this tidbit of "news" in his latest political report:

In New Hampshire, Sununu May Be Vulnerable

According to the latest Evans-Novak Political Report, Sen. John Sununu (R-NH) may no longer have a lock on re-election in 2008. He "would be in fine shape for re-election, if not for his party's total self-immolation in the 2006 general election. Republicans were crushed after their legislative leaders miscalculated and tried to make peace with Democratic Gov. John Lynch (D). Lynch proceeded to crush the unsupported GOP candidate on the ballot, and straight-ticket voting pummeled down-ticket Republicans, resulting in the loss of both GOP House seats, the entire executive council, and both houses of the state legislature."

"With a 74 percent re-election under his belt, Lynch now poses a real threat to Sununu, if he becomes interested in the race."

It dosen't really ever actually say in that article that Lynch is rethinking his decision to not run for the Senate, just that he would be a formiddable challenger if he did.

Of course, your source may have told you a lot more than Bob Novak relays, so who knows? Hopefully this is true! Smiley

It very well may be true.......I mean, we all saw how persuasive a guy Chuck Schumer can be during the last election cycle, didn't we? Hopping a plane to chase Claire McCaskill down in London to convince her to run?.......BRILLIANT. I'm sure if he convinced strong candidates like that to run when the Democrats were in the minority, he is going to have even more success recruiting top tier candidates to run this time around. That man is my hero.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

From the people I know here in NH, he is not going to run. At least, that's what they said a month or two ago.
Conan
conan

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »

This is sort of out there already. Bob Novak floated this tidbit of "news" in his latest political report:

According to the latest Evans-Novak Political Report, Sen. John Sununu (R-NH) may no longer have a lock on re-election in 2008. He "would be in fine shape for re-election, if not for his party's total self-immolation in the 2006 general election. Republicans were crushed after their legislative leaders miscalculated and tried to make peace with Democratic Gov. John Lynch (D). Lynch proceeded to crush the unsupported GOP candidate on the ballot, and straight-ticket voting pummeled down-ticket Republicans, resulting in the loss of both GOP House seats, the entire executive council, and both houses of the state legislature."

"With a 74 percent re-election under his belt, Lynch now poses a real threat to Sununu, if he becomes interested in the race."

It dosen't really ever actually say in that article that Lynch is rethinking his decision to not run for the Senate, just that he would be a formiddable challenger if he did.

Of course, your source may have told you a lot more than Bob Novak relays, so who knows? Hopefully this is true! Smiley

It very well may be true.......I mean, we all saw how persuasive a guy Chuck Schumer can be during the last election cycle, didn't we? Hopping a plane to chase Claire McCaskill down in London to convince her to run?.......BRILLIANT. I'm sure if he convinced strong candidates like that to run when the Democrats were in the minority, he is going to have even more success recruiting top tier candidates to run this time around. That man is my hero.

Going to London to "get McCaskill" was less about her then it was his ego and style.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 11:04:44 PM »

I'd like to think Lynch was going to run against Sununu, but since he's ruled it out, I'm not exactly holding out much hope

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »

Going to London to "get McCaskill" was less about her then it was his ego and style.

I think it was him doing his job of recruiting the best possible candidates.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:32:36 AM »

Personally, I'd rather see Shaheen take on Sununu though I'm not sure how interested she is either.  I'd rather allow Governor Lynch a few more terms before he takes on Senator Gregg or gets a cabinet appointment, etc.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »

I'd like to think Lynch was going to run against Sununu, but since he's ruled it out, I'm not exactly holding out much hope

Dave

Jeanne Shaheen would not be a bad candidate if Lynch does not run. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »

Well, time to get started "Santorumizing" Sununu so that he'll go down in flames no matter who runs. Clearly a pro-Iraq war, anti-stem cell research phone jammer is out of touch with New Hampshire values.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »

Well, time to get started "Santorumizing" Sununu so that he'll go down in flames no matter who runs. Clearly a pro-Iraq war, anti-stem cell research phone jammer is out of touch with New Hampshire values.

Well said.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »

I hope that people don't get their hopes up. It's highly doubtful that Lynch will run. Shaheen is a much better bet.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »

I hope that people don't get their hopes up. It's highly doubtful that Lynch will run. Shaheen is a much better bet.

Are you sure?  Shaheen was not an entirely popular Governor and lost in 2002 when most people expected her to win.  Lynch, however, is a very popular Governor who would almost undoubtedly beat Sununu while head-to-head Shaheen would be tied or slightly behind. 
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »

Are you sure?  Shaheen was not an entirely popular Governor and lost in 2002 when most people expected her to win.  Lynch, however, is a very popular Governor who would almost undoubtedly beat Sununu while head-to-head Shaheen would be tied or slightly behind. 

No, I'm not commenting on their electability. I'm commenting on their desire to run (I don't think Lynch has any desire to run for Senate).
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 03:18:39 PM »

No, I'm not commenting on their electability. I'm commenting on their desire to run (I don't think Lynch has any desire to run for Senate).

O OK cool.  Why do you think he does not want to run?  Few politicians who have such clear paths to the Senate would refuse the offer so why should Lynch - is he going to run for re-election in 2008?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »

O OK cool.  Why do you think he does not want to run?  Few politicians who have such clear paths to the Senate would refuse the offer so why should Lynch - is he going to run for re-election in 2008?

Almost certainly. Why not enjoy his time as governor in one-party rule? So long as New Hampshire Democrats don't screw up their first chance in over a century at governing the state, Lynch will remain wildly popular as Governor. What need has he to run for Senate when he wields plenty of power as Governor? (Personally, I think Lynch is looking way ahead to a Presidential bid in 2012 or 2016.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies