Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS)....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:34:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS)....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS)....  (Read 10607 times)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »

I'm fine with a surge.  Really I am.

Time to ship off the chickenhawks in both parties to Iraq.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »

He was the prime minister of UK before Winston Churchill. He refused to stand up to Adolph Hitler and even signed the awful Munich Agreement which paved the way for the Nazi invasion of Switzerland. He also was an isolationist like American pilot Charles Lindbergh.

I'd suggest you read Phillip Roth's seminal work  "The Plot Against America" which discusses an alternate history where Lindbergh becomes President of the U.S.

And he is similer to Liberman how Huh

Lieberman supported an imperialistic foreign policy that was an abject failure., I apologize for the Hitler comparison. My point is that both leader failed to stop and even aided and abetted a very dangerous policy.

On a side note, I'd suggest reading "Soft Power" by Harvard Professor Joseph Nye. Soft Power discusses the demise of America's moral ascendecy and how this has created many adverse consequences such has the lack of allies in the War in Iraq..

I have noticed (not just on this thread obviously) an increasingly large number of posts compairing Liberman to Hitler/ those who tried to appease him (which would mean Bush is being compaired to Hitler).  Can you explain why this is, am I missing something???
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »

That Lieberman is such an anti-Semite.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2007, 02:27:58 PM »

It's funny that in the case of Chamberlain treachery is refusal to stand up against a foreign dictator, whereas in the case of Lieberman treachery is standing up against a foreign dictator. Ah, the irony...

Quite

As a 'Democrat' and, a progressive, who values universal basic human rights, I've long supported an interventionist foreign policy on humanitarian grounds as much as any possibility of weapons of mass destruction

Thus, far 400,000 bodies have been found in mass graves, what is liberal or progressive about sitting idly by, doing nothing, and watching those 400,000 become 4 million? Saddam was by no means done with that

The US and the UK, with a few others, at least, had the moral backbone to do something about Saddam. To have allowed Saddam to continue the route he was going down would have been spineless

I'm seriously beginning to think some around here, who seem hell bent and condemning "pro-war" Democrats, like Lieberman, to damnation, would have sat back and rolled down for Hitler back in the 30s and 40s

Dave
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »

He was the prime minister of UK before Winston Churchill. He refused to stand up to Adolph Hitler and even signed the awful Munich Agreement which paved the way for the Nazi invasion of Switzerland. He also was an isolationist like American pilot Charles Lindbergh.

Boyda is soooooo similar then.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It was a decent work of fiction. Don't act like it's history.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2007, 02:34:45 PM »

Thus, far 400,000 bodies have been found in mass graves, what is liberal or progressive about sitting idly by, doing nothing, and watching those 400,000 become 4 million? Saddam was by no means done with that

UN No-Fly zones put an end to that. The worst of Saddam was over, and he was absolutely no threat to the world.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »

UN No-Fly zones put an end to that. The worst of Saddam was over, and he was absolutely no threat to the world.

Please stop rewriting history, BRTD.  Thank you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2007, 03:34:32 PM »

It's funny that in the case of Chamberlain treachery is refusal to stand up against a foreign dictator, whereas in the case of Lieberman treachery is standing up against a foreign dictator. Ah, the irony...

I'm seriously beginning to think some around here, who seem hell bent and condemning "pro-war" Democrats, like Lieberman, to damnation, would have sat back and rolled down for Hitler back in the 30s and 40s

Dave

It seems more likely that both you and them don't know much about what Hitler did or they wouldn't be making the comparisons; BTW the U.S. isn't showing humanitarian backbone, we aren't doing anything about Darfur because Sudan (I forget how) is responsible for providing us with softdrinks.  However, I do respect Tony Blair (he seems like a good guy who made an honest mistake and has not done anything to show otherwise).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »

Boyda is soooooo similar then.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It was a decent work of fiction. Don't act like it's history.

I know I just wanted to make sure he knew who he was talking about Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »

Roll Eyes
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »

Dave

It seems more likely that both you and them don't know much about what Hitler did or they wouldn't be making the comparisons; BTW the U.S. isn't showing humanitarian backbone, we aren't doing anything about Darfur because Sudan (I forget how) is responsible for providing us with softdrinks.  However, I do respect Tony Blair (he seems like a good guy who made an honest mistake and has not done anything to show otherwise).

But what about those of us who want to continue intervention in Iraq and want intervention in Sudan, even if it is unilateral?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

Dave

But what about those of us who want to continue intervention in Iraq and want intervention in Sudan, even if it is unilateral?

Better explain where these troops are going to come from.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2007, 06:05:39 PM by Governor and ffmr. 4 term senator jdb »

Dave

Fine with me, I think we should move our troops from Iraq into Afganistan and Sudan first of all
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »

I have a message to Nancy Boyda if she follows the Neville Chamberlain/ Joe Lieberman school of appeasement

Roll Eyes

Do you disagree that Joe Lieberman has been a solid supporter of George W. Bush's neoconservative foreign policy?  The fact that Joe Lieberman and John McCain are one of only 13, that right, 13 senators who support a troop sruge is further evidence that the American people are no longer blindly supporting this failed war.

Yeah, let's leave the Iraqis to their own mess!  After all, you're only a true Democrat if you support massive anarchy in other countries!  Hooray for abandoning Iraqis to their own misfortunes instead of actually making a real attempt at fixing things!

Honestly, the withdrawal-now Democrats are really starting to grate on my nerves.  I mean, I can understand supporting some troop reductions (I'm undecided about whether troop levels should go up, remain the same, or go down in the short term... in the long term they should go down of course)... but seriously.  I fail to see how the liberal thing to do is to pursue a very un-liberal policy of abandoning those in need.  We ruined a lot of their country for them, the least we can do is to actually make an attempt to put things back into order before we depart.

OMG WARMONGERER!!!!!!!!!!!!

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »

I have a message to Nancy Boyda if she follows the Neville Chamberlain/ Joe Lieberman school of appeasement

Roll Eyes

Do you disagree that Joe Lieberman has been a solid supporter of George W. Bush's neoconservative foreign policy?  The fact that Joe Lieberman and John McCain are one of only 13, that right, 13 senators who support a troop sruge is further evidence that the American people are no longer blindly supporting this failed war.

Yeah, let's leave the Iraqis to their own mess!  After all, you're only a true Democrat if you support massive anarchy in other countries!  Hooray for abandoning Iraqis to their own misfortunes instead of actually making a real attempt at fixing things!

Honestly, the withdrawal-now Democrats are really starting to grate on my nerves.  I mean, I can understand supporting some troop reductions (I'm undecided about whether troop levels should go up, remain the same, or go down in the short term... in the long term they should go down of course)... but seriously.  I fail to see how the liberal thing to do is to pursue a very un-liberal policy of abandoning those in need.  We ruined a lot of their country for them, the least we can do is to actually make an attempt to put things back into order before we depart.
^       ^         ^ (except for the in-bracket part)
And grovel a little, too.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2007, 05:36:49 PM »

Roll Eyes

That is how extremely conservative you are you extreme conservative!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2007, 11:20:52 PM »

Roll Eyes

OMG UNWARMONGERER!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is how extremely liberal you are you extreme liberal!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »

Roll Eyes

Maybe he doesn't want to join a party that is a festering mess of corruption and once nominated a fascist right wing extremist (Ralph Nader) for President.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »

Roll Eyes

Maybe he doesn't want to join a party that is a festering mess of corruption and once nominated a fascist right wing extremist (Ralph Nader) for President.

Or maybe I am a Democrat?

BTW, Ralph Nader didn't get Bush in office, Harris did Grin .  He is not a right wing extreamist, but he is a great man (do you know how many lives he has saved by taking on the auto-industry?)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies