Rybak will not run for the Senate! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:24:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rybak will not run for the Senate! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rybak will not run for the Senate!  (Read 2149 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: January 08, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »

Minnesota Democrats had better not ----up finding a good challenger to Coleman. I mean, come on Roll Eyes, that man couldn't even best George Galloway. Levin was much better grilling him from what I recall

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »

Perhaps the Democrats should nominate Collin Peterson.  Part of me believes that, were the Democrats to do this, this race would become the Pennsylvania of 2008.

Peterson is easily the most conservative Democrat of Minnesota's House delegation, who I certainly think could handidly defeat Coleman. May be, too, socially conservative a Democrat for the primary, however

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:59:30 PM »

He'd never win the primary and has absolutely no interest in running anyway since he just became chairman of the Ag Committee.

Well as Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, Peterson giving the Senate seat a miss is perfectly understandable. So having ruled Peterson out, any good liberal-to-populist Wink Democrat should do. Coleman is clearly too economically right for Minnesota

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »

So having ruled Peterson out, any good liberal-to-populist Wink Democrat should do.

You just described Dean Johnson.

Yes but having just lost his seat in the Minnesota Senate is Johnson the best possible choice?

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »

So having ruled Peterson out, any good liberal-to-populist Wink Democrat should do.

You just described Dean Johnson.

Yes but having just lost his seat in the Minnesota Senate is Johnson the best possible choice?

Dave

He just got screwed by massive turnout by social conservatives pissed about gay marriage. That won't hurt him statewide.
[/quote]

Well, should Johnson run for the nomination and win it, I hope it doesn't. Coleman after all is so darn awful, he ought to be easy pickings Wink

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies