What party will Joe Lieberman run under in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:27:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What party will Joe Lieberman run under in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What party will Joe Lieberman run under in 2012?  (Read 2363 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2007, 07:54:05 PM »

Will he un for reelecton as a Democrat, or will he run under CfL?
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

I assume he'll attempt to run in the Democratic primary seeing as how CfL has been hijacked by Lieberman's opponents.  If he loses the Dem primary again in 2012 I doubt he'll be elected even if he runs as an independent again.
Deano963

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »

Well, if he has any desire at all to actually be reelected, he wil run as a Democrat. He would not be reelected as a republican, no way in hell would that happen. That is also the reason I think Dems worry too much about him switching parties. If he were to switch, his political career would be over instantly. Lieberman knows this as well as anyone, so he would never do it. There is no reason for Democrats to feel like the have to appease him now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »

I assume he'll attempt to run in the Democratic primary seeing as how CfL has been hijacked by Lieberman's opponents.  If he loses the Dem primary again in 2012 I doubt he'll be elected even if he runs as an independent again.

That sounds about right. Also we should note that he would have virtually no chance at all of winning the Democratic Primary. Hopefully after he lost that he would have the sense to finally retire his ugly mug from the Senate (and my sight).
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »

I predict he doesn't run for re-election. He would have no way of winning if he did.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »

He will run not under a party, but under a beach umbrella in retirement in FL
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

Depending on how events until then go, there are three options of roughly equal likelihood:

-Joe Lieberman runs in the Democratic Primary, and wins it rather easily, and is reelected.
-Joe Lieberman knows he has no chance, and retires.
-Joe Lieberman is a fucking moron.

There are several variants to the third one:

-Joe Lieberman joins the Republicans at some point during his term.
-Joe Lieberman runs in the Dem primary again, without any sort of reconciliation between him and those he has pissed off.
-Joe Lieberman runs as an Independent again, despite there being no such reconciliation, and despite a stronger Republican in the race.

There is also the scenario where Lieberman runs as an Independent despite not having to, and beats a very weak Democrat and a Republican - but that scenario is much the least likely.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »

Hopefully he'll just retire and whatever Democrat runs will win handily.  Although, depending on where Iraq is in 2012 the bad memories could be gone and he might have no trouble winning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies