1972 Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:58:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1972 Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1972 Game Thread  (Read 2206 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »

The game starts in the last week of November in 1971. The first term of Nixon stays the same as RL. I just don't have enough time to edit this. People playing know who they are, just make sure to ask my approval before dropping out or assassination attempts or anything else like that
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:48:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceocNS-toDk

In San Diego California

"Now, we have had 4 good years, if you ask me. Now, do some people really want to mess with sucess? Now, I would like to briefly touch apon some things about this election. This will be my final election. And this will be my final victory. Im thankfull to have the love of my life, Pat, along my side, throughout the last four years, and hopefully, for the next four years! Thank You and God Bless You"
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »

At a rally at Johnstown, Ohio

"Three years ago, I cast my vote for Richard Milhouse Nixon. I did this because of President Nixon's record and pledges on the campaign trail. The President said he would end inflationary run amok deficits. He said he would cut back the massive and expansive federal bueracracy. He said he would defend this nation from the growing might of the Soviet Union.

Now three years from 1968, I look back and can only say that President Nixon has lied. The deficit has expanded under his term of office, the wasteful great society has thrived under his leadership and has even grown. Communism is embraced as our ally of Free China is forced from their hard earned seat on the United Nations Security Council by the President's embrace of Red China. Our President has sold out on every front and in every way, today I cannot stand it any longer.

This is why I announce my solemn announcement that I will challenge President Nixon for the Republican nomination. This party and this nation need's much better than what we have been given. We need a man of courage, conscience and inner strength. I only hope that I will be this man of courage, for it's my primary responsibility"...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »

Nixon interviewed by a small Indiana newspaper, while campaigning.
Im disappointed by Ashbrooks entry. It clearly shows his desperate attempt to advance his
career. I look forword to a easy renomination.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

While meeting with constituents in New York, someone asks Shirley Chisholm whether or not she's going to run for President.

I've given this a lot of thought and prayer, and am going to continue to do so. America needs a President who's ready to lead at home, a President who can fight poverty and help put Americans back to work. If there are no other candidates who has the same feelings I do, I may just toss my name into the hate.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 01:57:02 PM »

President Nixon visits constituents in New Hampshire.

"The President is supposed to work with the people, not against them. And that's always been my policy. I think its been working well. Together we can hardly fail, for their is no force on Earth that match the will and spirit of America"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »

At a rally in New York, Shirley Chisholm officially launched her candidacy for the Democratic Nomination.

We haven't had no leader emerge in our party, and it's time we had one! That's why today, I'm announcing my candidacy for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States! It's time we had a nominee strong enough to make Richard Nixon a one term President, and I think I might just be able to do that.

We sure do need a President who's ready to work for the people, not one who continues to prolong an unpopular war in Vietnam. I may not have years and years of experience in Washington on my side, but then again, neither did a great American hero, Abraham Lincoln. I have something on my side that Richard Nixon will never have - the people's best interests.

Thank y'all, and God Bless!

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »

Nixon/Agnew '72 release the new campaign slogan

"Nixon/Agnew 72-Dont Mess With Success"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

The Chisholm campaign released the following statement following the unveiling of Nixon's slogan...

What's successful about thousands of Americans dying in a war we shouldn't even be in?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies