RISK suggestions and feedback
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:40:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK suggestions and feedback
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: RISK suggestions and feedback  (Read 16481 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »

Once the current games of Capital and Domination are over, I'm putting all RISK games on temporary hiatus.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Once the current games of Capital and Domination are over, I'm putting all RISK games on temporary hiatus.

Lazy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2007, 05:46:39 AM »

Noooooo... Sad

If you're tired of certain people not reading the rules, etc just ban them!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2007, 03:18:46 PM »

Yeah, but you'll start a game of Mission before those two are over, right?

Right?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2007, 08:13:11 AM »

With Canada out of the game, I'd really like to see a Maine - Florida link. Maybe instead of the pointless Maine - Massachusetts link you currently got.

It's not pointless. Every state should border at least two other states. Otherwise, Maine would be a dead end. You may note that there are no such dead ends in the original Risk game.

And, damn it Joe, the Mission and Capitals games were the ones I was really looking forward to! Domination was supposed to be a mere stepping stone...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »

What do you guys think of leaving aside two (randomly decided) states at the beginning of each game, populated by only 1 neutral battalion each?  The idea would be so that all six players start with an equal eight states.  The states would of course still be part of the game; they just wouldn't be controlled by a player at the beginning.

I fully support it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

With Canada out of the game, I'd really like to see a Maine - Florida link. Maybe instead of the pointless Maine - Massachusetts link you currently got.

It's not pointless. Every state should border at least two other states. Otherwise, Maine would be a dead end. You may note that there are no such dead ends in the original Risk game.

And, damn it Joe, the Mission and Capitals games were the ones I was really looking forward to! Domination was supposed to be a mere stepping stone...
It becomes pointless if Maine borders Florida. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »

Noooooo... Sad

Oh no, that's only a minor annoyance.  I still enjoy running these games, but I'm just going through a little burnout.  I'll be starting it up again only a couple weeks after the current ones finish.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2007, 06:20:40 PM »

Noooooo... Sad

Oh no, that's only a minor annoyance.  I still enjoy running these games, but I'm just going through a little burnout.  I'll be starting it up again only a couple weeks after the current ones finish.

Now, that is a good man. Smiley No worries then. I'll try and win my game asap, promise. Wink
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

Africa would be lots of fun. (especially getting everyone to memorize all those countries) Tongue

Exactly Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Can we play the next game on the Africa map?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »

Well if we're bumping this fatherbuggerer...

Apropos of (not quite) nothing, and obviously too late for this game,
You must be logged in to read this quote.
is exactly wrong. One of each should be worth least as it's mathematically twice as likely to achieve with three cards than three of a kind - or six times more likely than each individual three-of-a-kind combination. (Not including the wildcards in the maths here, and assuming there are identical numbers of the three types of card.) 2/9th chance of getting one of each, 1/9th for three of a kind. 1/27th for each individual three-of-a-kind. And 2/3rd chance of having a pair and a single, of course.

That's what the rules of the real-life game have always said they're worth. Smiley
So? Tongue Still makes it all (ie 10) or nothing with some random seldomly occurring in-between steps... that the "must trade in at 5" rule forces you to use if you have them (and thus destroy your chances at the 10). I'm pretty sure that it's an actual design flaw - that they didn't do the math when they wrote it up. It should be changed. One each should be worth 4 in the next game. (No reason not to maintain the order of the three types of unit.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies