RISK suggestions and feedback (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK suggestions and feedback (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RISK suggestions and feedback  (Read 16733 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: January 13, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »

I think you have been running it very well, and it must be a lot of work keeping three separate games straight.  I prefer the classic domination version over the other variations, but others might have different preferences.

About Mexico, and especially Canada, I think they sometimes can create an imbalance in the game.  Simply because it allows you to jump all over if you control them and makes what would normally be secure areas open to attack from the other side of the map. 
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »

In the original game, six players means 24 initial battalions each, but I increased it to a rounder 30 because we use 50 territories instead of 42.  What sort of number did you have in mind?
That rule is somehow missing from the German translation of the rules, so I'm used to starting with a clean map in which every territory has just one army on it.

Which isn't really preferable to what we're playing with here - the first few sets of cards get too powerful - but I do think some kind of in-between point would be optimal. Currently, the early rounds see more troops leaving the board than entering, and I think that's wrong. (In the Capital version especially... which Everett simply won by keeping her troops alive until everybody else had depleted theirs.)

I've never heard of that.  Unless the German version has different rules. 
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 03:26:31 PM »

You might also make the Canadians revolting.

He doesn't have to, they already are.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »

No, I don't know them off by heart like I do African countries Wink

Or even better... Pacific Island countries! (just for Gabu)
Only if we don't allow attacks across water.

It's called Risk, not Safety.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 05:58:27 PM »

So it's been decided that Canada and Mexico will no longer be a feature.  Goodbye to them.

Also, based on feedback here, I've reduced the number of initial battalions from 30 to 25, and I've also adjusted the values of the regions as well.

I'm still mulling over a possible battalion limit for states at any given time, and may well create a poll on it in future.

I don't like the idea of a limit.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »

I've been casually working on one, actually.  Little progress so far, but it's certainly in the works already. Smiley

Probably have to get rid of some of the tiny countries.  Which reminds me, why don't you just use a world map ala real Risk?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies