Senate Futures: New Jersey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:53:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Futures: New Jersey
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Futures: New Jersey  (Read 1375 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »

Senior: Frank Lautenberg

Lautenberg is incredibly old and a terrible senator, but the People's Republic of NJ has appointed him for life

Junior: Bob Menendez

Even after Christie throws his ass in jail, he will continue to serve
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:47:10 PM »

Lautenberg is incredibly old and a terrible senator, but the People's Republic of NJ has appointed him for life

Lautenberg: Retires in 2015.
Menendez: Retires 2013 after primary from fellow dems congressmen.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:51:15 PM »

Why is Frank Lautenberg a terrible Senator?  Asking honestly -- I don't know enough about him.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:21:25 PM »

Why is Frank Lautenberg a terrible Senator?  Asking honestly -- I don't know enough about him.

I can sort of understand; Lautenberg isn't anything special. On the other hand, most Senators are nothing to write home about. The ones who actually get things done are maybe 1-in-5 at best. The rest, like Lautenberg, just tag along for the ride.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »

As Verily said, for one is a not so special senator.  And two, I am very angry at the hypocrisy Sen. Lautenberg has showed.  He once called his opponent too old to serve, yet will be signifigantly older when he runs in 2008.  It seems as if he principles change to fit his needs.
Conan
conan

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »

Lautenberg has written some great legislation in his day. He wrote the ban on assault weapons that Bush let expire. He is a great voter and never lets me down but he isnt one for TV. Hes sometimes private and then out of nowhere he is intensely partisan and he's great at it. He led the Chickenhawk assault on Bush in 04.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 03:30:13 AM »

As Verily said, for one is a not so special senator.  And two, I am very angry at the hypocrisy Sen. Lautenberg has showed.  He once called his opponent too old to serve, yet will be signifigantly older when he runs in 2008.  It seems as if he principles change to fit his needs.

There really does need to be an age cap in Congress.  If it can be argued that I'm too young and unexperienced to be a Senator then it also can be argued that a lot of those guys are too old and senile to be Senators.  Once you pass 70 you should serve out the remainder of your term and then be done.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »

This thread is complete crap - I will be doing a legitimate Senatorial Futures one on New Jersey eventually.  Unless someone else wants to do one that is not so glaringly partisan?
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »

Lautenberg has written some great legislation in his day. He wrote the ban on assault weapons that Bush let expire. He is a great voter and never lets me down but he isnt one for TV. Hes sometimes private and then out of nowhere he is intensely partisan and he's great at it. He led the Chickenhawk assault on Bush in 04.

On the other hand, he wrote the national 21 year drinking age, which I really loathed at one time (and easily evaded it.)  I still think it should be 18.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

On the other hand, he wrote the national 21 year drinking age, which I really loathed at one time (and easily evaded it.)  I still think it should be 18.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies