Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back  (Read 5712 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »

To sweeten the pot, we'll even throw in McCain and Lindsey Graham.  In other words, you guys can have all three media whores.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »

I hope he gets removed from Chairmanship of Homeland Security; such an important committee shouldn't have a complete tw*t like him holding it.

If that happens, the Democrats lose the Senate. Lieberman has got the Senate Dems by the short and curlies at the moment.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »

I hope he gets removed from Chairmanship of Homeland Security; such an important committee shouldn't have a complete tw*t like him holding it.

If that happens, the Democrats lose the Senate. Lieberman has got the Senate Dems by the short and curlies at the moment.

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary. I'd have prefered Joe Lieberman [Dem] in the Senate rather than Joe Lieberman [Ind]. I'd like to think Lieberman wouldn't bolt to the GOP though; but any move to remove him would be too much of a risk

I'm not with Lieberman on this one, nevertheless Sad. Seems more interested in shielding Bush's skank ass then having any accountability. Does the White House have something to hide?

Of course, where does leave Mississippi's Bennie Thompson as Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee? Can he still pursue an investigation or has Joe scuppered that too?

Dave
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary.
Uh... what would that change?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »

Maybe it's better to just let him bolt rather than allow him to f'uck up everything we try to do in the majority.

What and let the Republicans control the Senate courtesy of 'King' Dick. Republican Senate candidates, as a whole, didn't get much of an endorsement from voters in 2006 to deserve that

I trust Lieberman isn't on his way to becoming another Zell Miller paralysing Harry Reid's narrow majority, the way Miller paralysed Tom Daschle's

Dave
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »

I trust Lieberman isn't on his way to becoming another Zell Miller paralysing Harry Reid's narrow majority, the way Miller paralysed Tom Daschle's

I'd like to say that I do as well, but at this point that would be a lie.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary.
Uh... what would that change?

Well, he'd have elected as a Democrat Smiley for a start. I don't know Lieberman personally, but I could understand him feeling, at the time, sh**t on from a great height

Maybe Lieberman is with Bush on Iraq (it's not like he isn't with the Democrats on pretty much everything else). I dare say were the Hawk in the Senate with him, he'd differ from most of his fellow Democrats on Iraq. Of course, I wouldn't be cutting Bush any slack the way Joe does. And as far as Hurrican Katrina goes that is pretty much exactly what he's doing Sad. It isn't good enough Sad

Dave
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary. I'd have prefered Joe Lieberman [Dem] in the Senate rather than Joe Lieberman [Ind].

How about Ned Lamont [Dem] or Joe Lieberman [Ind]?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »

Well, he'd have elected as a Democrat Smiley for a start. I don't know Lieberman personally, but I could understand him feeling, at the time, sh**t on from a great height

Maybe Lieberman is with Bush on Iraq (it's not like he isn't with the Democrats on pretty much everything else). I dare say were the Hawk in the Senate with him, he'd differ from most of his fellow Democrats on Iraq. Of course, I wouldn't be cutting Bush any slack the way Joe does. And as far as Hurrican Katrina goes that is pretty much exactly what he's doing Sad. It isn't good enough Sad

Dave

Lieberman is sh**tty on plenty of things other than Iraq. Of course Iraq is the 800 pound gorilla.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 02:01:22 PM »

Actually, Lieberman's stated reasons for not doing so make sense.  Other than engaging in pure politics what does a Senate investigation into the minutiae of Katrina do now?  Better to focus on changing the system so that such a snafu is less likely to happen in the future.  Besides, the House with over four times the members is a better place for witch hunts anyway since they have more time to spare on such things.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 05:11:25 PM »

To sweeten the pot, we'll even throw in McCain and Lindsey Graham.  In other words, you guys can have all three media whores.

fine by me. Hagel, McCain, and Graham are all men of principle who put loyalty to thier country above loyalty to their party. I'd rather have any three of them (or better yet all three) as democrats in exchange for Lieberman. I also have a feeling Hagel and Graham would be a lot more willing to investigate Bush's Katrina response.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

She supported Lieberman in both his primary and his general election.
Lieberman dropped his investigation into Bush's failure on Katrina.
Joe just killed Mary's chances in 2008.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/washington/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1168673400293640.xml&coll=1

THIS is the kind of thing I was wondering about.  It's inexcusable.  I am embarassed to say, i'm surprised...even after Joe "serviced" the Bush administration on the war.  I never though he would sink this low.

And forget Mary Landrieu.  He stabbed thousands of New Orleans residents in the back.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 11:53:21 PM »

To sweeten the pot, we'll even throw in McCain and Lindsey Graham.  In other words, you guys can have all three media whores.

fine by me. Hagel, McCain, and Graham are all men of principle who put loyalty to thier country above loyalty to their party. I'd rather have any three of them (or better yet all three) as democrats in exchange for Lieberman. I also have a feeling Hagel and Graham would be a lot more willing to investigate Bush's Katrina response.

Check their voting records. 3 batsh**t crazy right-wingers who occasionally offer tepid criticism of their party? I'll pass.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

The ending of the Landrieu's influence over Louisiana politics would be a good thing I think.
I'd rather her seat go to another Democrat though.

It's not Mary's fault about her family.

This is the same guilt by association tossed at Harold Ford, Jr.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 12:30:38 AM »

i have a feeling that most Louisianans KNOW the administration's Katrina response was bungled and don't need Joe Lieberman to tell them that. Call me naive, but how exactly does this cripple Landreiu's chances?
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »

i have a feeling that most Louisianans KNOW the administration's Katrina response was bungled and don't need Joe Lieberman to tell them that. Call me naive, but how exactly does this cripple Landreiu's chances?

I agree.  Her chances were crippled when she lost 200,000 voters from her base.  No amount of Congressional investigation will save her.  Louisiana is going to be a much redder state from now on.  Although, Brangelina and crew just bought a mansion in the French Quarter so who knows, it could be the next Hollywood hotspot to raise a family!  Hmm, a Southern town with a reputation for flashing and boozing.  Sounds perfect for a certain wahsed up pop princess from the South with a penchant for partying.  It'll be a celebrity kids playgroup!  lol.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 07:04:32 AM »

I don't get all the faces.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 11:17:24 AM »

I hope the Democrats for Lieberman are pleased.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 05:31:42 PM »

By all means, I'm not.  I'm stunned.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 05:34:19 PM »

On this call, far from it Sad

Dave
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2007, 02:06:27 AM »

Of course he did...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies