Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back  (Read 5780 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave

See? Lamont was the clearly better choice.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave

And I'll have less of the wise cracks! I'm asking whether or not the Committee can, more or less, overrule Lieberman?

Dave

If in the primary Lieberman basically said "nominate me or I'll run as an independent in the general, and if elected will blackmail the Democrats to put me in a powerful position and then stab the party in the back", no one would've supported him. Lieberman alone is to blame for his conduct.

The Connecticut Democratic Party made their choice, and it was no Joe Lieberman. Supporting Lieberman afterwards is enabling anything he has done today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:16 PM »

Dave

And I'll have less of the wise cracks! I'm asking whether or not the Committee can, more or less, overrule Lieberman?

Dave

Politically, no.  They do, Lieberman bolts, and the Senate is GOP.

And Lieberman's chances of reelection in 2012 become significantly less than those of a snowball surviving 5 seconds in hell.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary. I'd have prefered Joe Lieberman [Dem] in the Senate rather than Joe Lieberman [Ind].

How about Ned Lamont [Dem] or Joe Lieberman [Ind]?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

The ending of the Landrieu's influence over Louisiana politics would be a good thing I think.
I'd rather her seat go to another Democrat though.

It's not Mary's fault about her family.

This is the same guilt by association tossed at Harold Ford, Jr.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies