Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:32:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back  (Read 5759 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »

She supported Lieberman in both his primary and his general election.
Lieberman dropped his investigation into Bush's failure on Katrina.
Joe just killed Mary's chances in 2008.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/washington/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1168673400293640.xml&coll=1
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »

The ending of the Landrieu's influence over Louisiana politics would be a good thing I think.
I'd rather her seat go to another Democrat though.

Which other Democrat? I think this seat will go Republican now that New Orleans has been sufficiently de-blacked.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »

Well, he'd have elected as a Democrat Smiley for a start. I don't know Lieberman personally, but I could understand him feeling, at the time, sh**t on from a great height

Maybe Lieberman is with Bush on Iraq (it's not like he isn't with the Democrats on pretty much everything else). I dare say were the Hawk in the Senate with him, he'd differ from most of his fellow Democrats on Iraq. Of course, I wouldn't be cutting Bush any slack the way Joe does. And as far as Hurrican Katrina goes that is pretty much exactly what he's doing Sad. It isn't good enough Sad

Dave

Lieberman is sh**tty on plenty of things other than Iraq. Of course Iraq is the 800 pound gorilla.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:53:21 PM »

To sweeten the pot, we'll even throw in McCain and Lindsey Graham.  In other words, you guys can have all three media whores.

fine by me. Hagel, McCain, and Graham are all men of principle who put loyalty to thier country above loyalty to their party. I'd rather have any three of them (or better yet all three) as democrats in exchange for Lieberman. I also have a feeling Hagel and Graham would be a lot more willing to investigate Bush's Katrina response.

Check their voting records. 3 batsh**t crazy right-wingers who occasionally offer tepid criticism of their party? I'll pass.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies