Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:00:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman stabs Landreiu in the back  (Read 5764 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

Can the Senate Homeland Security Committee not censure its Chairman over his decision?

I'm disgusted Angry with Lieberman on this one considering all the criticism he levelled at Susan Collins back then and what he's saying now

This is not so much an abandoning of a "witch hunt" more a case of the hell with accountablity Sad

And as for Michael "You're doing a heck of a job" Brown had he spoken to me in the House hearing the way he spoke to Rep. Gene Taylor, I'd have likely had my very own 'Cynthia McKinney Moment'

Dave

See? Lamont was the clearly better choice.

And I'll have less of the wise cracks! I'm asking whether or not the Committee can, more or less, overrule Lieberman?

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »

I hope he gets removed from Chairmanship of Homeland Security; such an important committee shouldn't have a complete tw*t like him holding it.

If that happens, the Democrats lose the Senate. Lieberman has got the Senate Dems by the short and curlies at the moment.

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary. I'd have prefered Joe Lieberman [Dem] in the Senate rather than Joe Lieberman [Ind]. I'd like to think Lieberman wouldn't bolt to the GOP though; but any move to remove him would be too much of a risk

I'm not with Lieberman on this one, nevertheless Sad. Seems more interested in shielding Bush's skank ass then having any accountability. Does the White House have something to hide?

Of course, where does leave Mississippi's Bennie Thompson as Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee? Can he still pursue an investigation or has Joe scuppered that too?

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »

Maybe it's better to just let him bolt rather than allow him to f'uck up everything we try to do in the majority.

What and let the Republicans control the Senate courtesy of 'King' Dick. Republican Senate candidates, as a whole, didn't get much of an endorsement from voters in 2006 to deserve that

I trust Lieberman isn't on his way to becoming another Zell Miller paralysing Harry Reid's narrow majority, the way Miller paralysed Tom Daschle's

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

I hope he gets removed from Chairmanship of Homeland Security; such an important committee shouldn't have a complete tw*t like him holding it.

If that happens, the Democrats lose the Senate. Lieberman has got the Senate Dems by the short and curlies at the moment.

And a "predicament" the Democrats may not have even been in had he not lost the Democratic primary.
Uh... what would that change?

Well, he'd have elected as a Democrat Smiley for a start. I don't know Lieberman personally, but I could understand him feeling, at the time, sh**t on from a great height

Maybe Lieberman is with Bush on Iraq (it's not like he isn't with the Democrats on pretty much everything else). I dare say were the Hawk in the Senate with him, he'd differ from most of his fellow Democrats on Iraq. Of course, I wouldn't be cutting Bush any slack the way Joe does. And as far as Hurrican Katrina goes that is pretty much exactly what he's doing Sad. It isn't good enough Sad

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 05:34:19 PM »

I hope the Democrats for Lieberman are pleased.

On this call, far from it Sad

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies