Day 43: Gregg
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Day 43: Gregg
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day 43: Gregg  (Read 1290 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »

I cannot believe the Dems nominated at 94 year old woman to run against a Senator in a state that's as competitive as New Hampshire. For that reason alone, they deserve to have this seat in Republican control for the rest of the decade.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:59:08 PM »

I cannot believe the Dems nominated at 94 year old woman to run against a Senator in a state that's as competitive as New Hampshire. For that reason alone, they deserve to have this seat in Republican control for the rest of the decade.

I concur. If I had voted in every Senate race in 2004, Gregg would have been the only Republican I'd have voted for.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »

He seems to be a decent Senator who delivers for his state.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »

Quickly moving away from his state.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

He seems to be a decent Senator who delivers for his state.
^^^^^
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:03:45 PM »

Good lord man, you have no idea what you're talking about.

The original candidate, a State Senator named Burt Cohen, had his treasurer steal all of his campaign money and disappear the day before the filing deadline. Cohen had to drop out, and Granny D was just a fill-in candidate. No one was going to beat Gregg anyway, but the whole scandal made it an impossible situation.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:09:22 PM »

Gregg is a right-wing hack. I actually prefer Sununu over him.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »

excellent senator!
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

He does get alot done and he is effective so he should be easily relected the next time he is up.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »

Just looking at his ratings with PVS, he appears to be...

a right wing theocrat

a typical "corporate America is always right" Republican

and a "screw the future, d*mn the public health" anti-environmentalist.

I guess the term you Atlas regulars use is --  "horrible person".

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 10:57:33 PM »

Good lord man, you have no idea what you're talking about.

The original candidate, a State Senator named Burt Cohen, had his treasurer steal all of his campaign money and disappear the day before the filing deadline. Cohen had to drop out, and Granny D was just a fill-in candidate. No one was going to beat Gregg anyway, but the whole scandal made it an impossible situation.

Unfortunate situation, for sure. Still, was there no middle aged person who could fill in? This was beyond embarrassing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »

I find it odd how you find quite a few people whose voting records are so far from you excellent
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2007, 10:54:22 AM by CPT MikeyMike »

Outstanding Senator...

Sadly him and Snowe have been the only good Senators left in New England for years.

I still wish NH also had Bob Smith. He was my favorite until he he shot himself in the foot. 
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

I didn't know he was this far to the right.  He does a good job of at least APPEARING to be moderate. 

However, he is one of three Columbia alumni in the Senate right now (Lautenberg and Obama are the others).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »

I find it odd how you find quite a few people whose voting records are so far from you excellent

i dont think gregg is a right winger.

the democrats are trying to 'santorumize' the duo from new hampshire.

hey, hillary clinton certainly isnt as liberals as the righties would have us believe.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »

hey, hillary clinton certainly isnt as liberals as the righties would have us believe.

Obama is probley further to the left then Hillary is.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:50 PM »

Obama is probley further to the left then Hillary is.

He is.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »

His voting record is.  He is usually 90% - 100% with Theocratic groups like Consterned Women for America, Fracas in the Family and so forth.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 03:24:13 AM »

Have you actually seen his voting record???

Something tells me your not much of a fan of the Christian Coalition. Am I right?  Gregg is rated a 100% among them, also rated a 20% by the ACLU, 0% by NAARL, supports sexual education funding ONLY for programs that teach abstinence ONLY, contraceptives can't be taught, also has voted against virtually every single gun control measure, (including back round checks at gun shows) and is staunchly against expanding health care, strong supporter of the death penalty (if I'm not mistaken you are opposed) . 

And you think he isn't conservative?  Is he Tom Coburn?  No.  Is he still very conservative?  Yes

Given his voting record, how do you actually like this clown??
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »

Something tells me your not much of a fan of the Christian Coalition. Am I right?  Gregg is rated a 100% among them, also rated a 20% by the ACLU, 0% by NAARL, supports sexual education funding ONLY for programs that teach abstinence ONLY, contraceptives can't be taught, also has voted against virtually every single gun control measure, (including back round checks at gun shows) and is staunchly against expanding health care, strong supporter of the death penalty (if I'm not mistaken you are opposed) . 

And you think he isn't conservative?  Is he Tom Coburn?  No.  Is he still very conservative?  Yes

social issues arent a big deal to me.  i really dont care much about sex ed and all that.

obviously i do support gun control and expanding health care.  i do oppose the death penalty.  even most of your democrats are death penalty supporters.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »

social issues arent a big deal to me.  i really dont care much about sex ed and all that.

obviously i do support gun control and expanding health care.  i do oppose the death penalty.  even most of your democrats are death penalty supporters.

I would say thats more of a mix, but not agreeing on a handful of issues is one thing, but you seem to disagree with Gregg on the issues more than you agree with yet, yet state he is excellent.  And even with you stating you don't care much about  social issues I highly doubt you enjoy the influence the hard religious right has on the GOP, and his voting record is a clear match of that haard right.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 11:56:58 PM »

I would say thats more of a mix, but not agreeing on a handful of issues is one thing, but you seem to disagree with Gregg on the issues more than you agree with yet, yet state he is excellent.  And even with you stating you don't care much about  social issues I highly doubt you enjoy the influence the hard religious right has on the GOP, and his voting record is a clear match of that haard right.

religion is a personal thing for me.  i have a strong belief in god.  obviously, i dont view the christian right the same way democrats do.  i disagree with the christian right on a number of issues but i have respect for them.

for example, on the issue of abortion, personally im very much pro-life.  but i do believe abortion should be legal with minimal restrictions, because i understand others may have different beliefs than myself.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 12:03:09 AM »

religion is a personal thing for me.  i have a strong belief in god.  obviously, i dont view the christian right the same way democrats do.  i disagree with the christian right on a number of issues but i have respect for them.

for example, on the issue of abortion, personally im very much pro-life.  but i do believe abortion should be legal with minimal restrictions, because i understand others may have different beliefs than myself.

Ok, I thought you were more in the berger & moose league (not as socially liberal) but with the same thoughts about the hard right and their control of the GOP.  With that being said you still don't match up well with Gregg on that many issues.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies