MN-SEN 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:48:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-SEN 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: MN-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 2863 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 11:38:33 PM »

As for the Senate race it's been real quiet. So far as far as I know no Republican has even come forward as even looking at the race. The only name I have seen floated is failed Governor candidate Scott Jensen but I think that is mostly wishful thinking by Democrats and dooming by Republicans.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2023, 12:44:09 AM »

Klobuchar is just gonna keep winning big because no one serious ever runs against her. Despite the trends I still think she's going to win by like 15-20 points.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »

Klobuchar is just gonna keep winning big because no one serious ever runs against her. Despite the trends I still think she's going to win by like 15-20 points.

She's definitely going to win fair and square, though I'm fully expecting a decrease of her margin and vote share compared to 2018, which was also a decrease from 2012, which was her best result at 65%. Unless the R-candidate is Mastriano-level bad, I see an outcome like 55-42% as plausible.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2023, 09:01:30 AM »

She's definitely going to win fair and square, though I'm fully expecting a decrease of her margin and vote share compared to 2018, which was also a decrease from 2012, which was her best result at 65%. Unless the R-candidate is Mastriano-level bad, I see an outcome like 55-42% as plausible.
Her GOP opponent is guaranteed to make a net increase in counties won at least.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2023, 01:22:22 PM »

Her first run she faced 3 term congressman Mark Kennedy who was considered a top tier recruit. Of course 2006 was a good year for Democrats and even better for Klobuchar and she won by 20.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »

* Bump

Well it's the end 0f 2023, less than 2 months before MN precinct caucuses, and Republicans still do not have a serious candidate. In theory Republicans have until the early June filing deadline to find a real candidate but given the importance that is normally placed on the caucus/convention endorsement any C list or better candidate would be in by now. There will be someone on the ballot against Klobuchar but I highly doubt it is someone of substance.
Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2023, 02:19:46 PM »

* Bump

Well it's the end 0f 2023, less than 2 months before MN precinct caucuses, and Republicans still do not have a serious candidate. In theory Republicans have until the early June filing deadline to find a real candidate but given the importance that is normally placed on the caucus/convention endorsement any C list or better candidate would be in by now. There will be someone on the ballot against Klobuchar but I highly doubt it is someone of substance.

There's really no denying at this point, that Klobuchar is going to substantially lose a lot of her crossover support even against a sacrificial lamb. Both Schumer and Wyden saw a lot of counties swing against them in 2022 despite their candidates being considered jokes for example, still she's not in any danger either. About a 14 point win seems realistic.
JMT

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2023, 02:47:06 PM »

I totally forgot Klobuchar was up for reelection this year.

I do wonder who the GOP will nominate. Based on Wikipedia, it looks like the only candidate of note may be Royce White, who I guess is a former professional basketball player (I’m not a sports person, so I’ve never heard of him).
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2023, 03:03:08 PM »

I do wonder who the GOP will nominate. Based on Wikipedia, it looks like the only candidate of note may be Royce White, who I guess is a former professional basketball player (I’m not a sports person, so I’ve never heard of him).

Royce White is a former NBA player who is also certifiably nuts. He pushes every far right conspiracy, has been a guest on the Alex Jones show and was endorsed by Steve Bannon in his failed run in MN-05 in 2022 when he lost in the Rep primary.
JMT

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2023, 03:20:35 PM »

Royce White is a former NBA player who is also certifiably nuts. He pushes every far right conspiracy, has been a guest on the Alex Jones show and was endorsed by Steve Bannon in his failed run in MN-05 in 2022 when he lost in the Rep primary.

Sounds like he’d fit right in with today’s GOP, then!
JMT

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2024, 08:46:23 AM »

Still safe Klobuchar, but this guy seems like a decent recruit for Republicans:

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2024, 08:54:13 AM »

LOL just beat me to it on a thread that has dormant for a month. Fraser at least doesn't appear to be an embarrassing gadfly like the rest of the Republican field. Still safe D though.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2024, 01:47:12 PM »

In a Surprise the MN GOP convention endorsed former NBA player turned InfoWars nut royce White for US Senate.

https://www.startribune.com/in-a-surprise-minnesota-republicans-back-royce-white-to-run-against-amy-klobuchar/600366972/?refresh=true

MN Democrats have to be laughing their asses off. White is a Steve Bannon backed former NBA player who gave up his career because he was afraid to fly. His only political experience is losing the GOP primary in MN-05 in 2022. The guy is a fringe character even by the standards of the modern Republican Party. It remains to be seen if anyone challenges him in the primary.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2024, 03:32:08 PM »

As if we needed more evidence that nominating via conventions these days is de facto surrendering power to the most weird parts of your coalition.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2024, 05:41:08 PM »

In a Surprise the MN GOP convention endorsed former NBA player turned InfoWars nut royce White for US Senate.

https://www.startribune.com/in-a-surprise-minnesota-republicans-back-royce-white-to-run-against-amy-klobuchar/600366972/?refresh=true

MN Democrats have to be laughing their asses off. White is a Steve Bannon backed former NBA player who gave up his career because he was afraid to fly. His only political experience is losing the GOP primary in MN-05 in 2022. The guy is a fringe character even by the standards of the modern Republican Party. It remains to be seen if anyone challenges him in the primary.

MNGOP's endorsed candidate to beat Amy Klobuchar -

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2024, 01:10:31 PM »

Stuff like this is a large part of the reason I increasingly believe the divide in our politics is between normal people and weird people.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2024, 04:43:54 PM »

Stuff like this is a large part of the reason I increasingly believe the divide in our politics is between normal people and weird people.

Which is why I'm supporting Royce White for US Senate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2024, 09:48:45 AM »

lol

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2024, 09:54:51 PM »

MN GOP endorsed this guy. 1st Ballot. 67% of the vote.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2024, 10:43:33 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2024, 10:55:59 AM by Storr »

Ignoring the insane politics of the guy, being the 16th pick in the NBA draft and scoring 0 points in 9 minutes of playing time spread over 3 NBA games for your entire career is even more insane.

For perspective, every pick from the 2023 NBA Draft first round has already scored more points and played more minutes than Royce White did in his entire NBA career. (One pick, Dariq Whitehead, has only played in 2 games.)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2024, 11:11:32 PM »

Ignoring the insane politics of the guy, being the 16th pick in the NBA draft and scoring 0 points in 9 minutes of playing time spread over 3 NBA games for your entire career is insane.

For perspective, every pick from the 2023 NBA Draft first round has already scored more points and played more minutes than Royce White did in his entire NBA career. (One pick, Dariq Whitehead, has only played in 2 games.)

At the time I remember feeling bad for the guy because his fear of flying ruined his career. I wonder how he is planning on getting back and forth from DC? Or for that matter how he got to a Miami strip club a week after the 2022 primary.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2024, 11:26:57 PM »

What's really bizarre is this guy led some Black Lives Matter protests. And the GOP endorsed him.

Would Fuzzy Bear support Klobuchar over him?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2024, 12:02:05 AM »

“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” - Ulysses S. Grant
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2024, 01:52:46 AM »

As we see in TX already with ALLRED partisan Lean of the state can overcome blackness of a candidate.
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2024, 03:16:53 AM »

MN playing 4D chess, triaging this seat, so donations focus on other states.
Or they are insane.
I think it's option two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies