The Straw that Breaks Obama's Back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:08:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The Straw that Breaks Obama's Back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Straw that Breaks Obama's Back  (Read 1974 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:38:50 PM »

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/19/fox-obama-madrassa/

Watch the clip, I know its a lib site but it's the only thing I could find with anything on it.  Barack Obama attended a Muslim school, now I personally have no problem with this, although I already disliked heavily.  Are you going to tell me the America populus feels comfortable with a black muslim as president?

Again, I could not care less but this is going to have a huge impact on Barack.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »

Doesn't matter, he won't get the nomination anyway.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »

He isn't a Muslim.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50699.0

Been there. Done that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »

He's a fmr. Muslim and you Dems can play with words all day but American's will now associate Obama=Muslim and his chances are 0 at even the nomination
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »

Settle down, DWTL, no need to get so aggressive so soon . . . Hillary's team will destroy Obama all by themselves.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

Settle down, DWTL, no need to get so aggressive so soon . . . Hillary's team will destroy Obama all by themselves.

It's not really getting exciting I'm simply saying that damages Obama and some people live in Fantasy Land where people don't care about race and creed

I don't, but then again I can't even vote
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

Yeah and Ron Paul will get the Republican nomination though.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »

ROTFL Smiley Smiley Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2007, 07:52:53 PM by SoFA Gabu »

Are you going to tell me the America populus feels comfortable with a black muslim as president?

He is NOT a black Muslim.  He is a half-black Christian who joined his current church in the '80s who happened to go to a Muslim school when he was very young because his mother wanted to ensure that he could get the best education possible.  If that's a damning as you say, how about the fact that Bush was a drunken frat boy who snorted cocaine and was arrested for a DUI?  Evidently, the public doesn't care too much about what happened in candidates' childhoods.  Obama has been a Christian for more of his life than Bush.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

Are you going to tell me the America populus feels comfortable with a black muslim as president?

He is NOT a black Muslim.  He is a half-black Christian who joined his current church in the '80s who happened to go to a Muslim school when he was very young because his mother wanted to ensure that he could get the best education possible.  If that's a damning as you say, how about the fact that Bush was a drunken frat boy who snorted cocaine and was arrested for a DUI?  Evidently, the public doesn't care too much about what happened in candidates' childhoods.

Don't confuse him with facts and logic, Gabu.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:25 PM »

He's a fmr. Muslim and you Dems can play with words all day but American's will now associate Obama=Muslim and his chances are 0 at even the nomination

His parents were atheists/agnostics if you want to attack him on anything you could say that he was raised in a "secularized and faithless childhood" or whatever. He did live in Indonesia for five years or so and has said that he attended Christian, Muslim, and expatriot schools in order to get the best education he could. He then came back to Hawaii and went to a private prep school before going to college.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »

He was Muslim until age 6, when his parents converted to Catholicism. I think people are perfectly capable of understanding that one has no choice in what faith one is born into.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2007, 10:01:19 PM by Politico »

Fact of the matter is the Obama hype has been created and fueled by the Hillary camp, who are determined to make the idea of her winning seem more reasonable. What's more unlikely than imagining Hillary Clinton becoming president? Talking about a black first-term Senator named Barack Hussein Obama winning the presidency. The Obama Hype also helped cool the momentum that Al Gore was gaining earlier in the year.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Hillary Clinton will never be elected president. However, the only person capable of defeating Hillary Clinton for the nomination is Al Gore. Therefore, the only Democrat capable of winning the presidency in 2008 is Al Gore.

Anybody who wants to see a Democrat win the White House in 2008 ought to support Al Gore.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 10:06:04 PM »

Anybody who wants to see a Democrat win the White House in 2008 ought to support Al Gore.

Usually a candidate has to run to win.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »

Usually a candidate has to run to win.

He's releasing a book in May. He has not gone on a national program and stated there is absolutely no chance of him running. In fact, there are still whispers that he's privately reaching out to big shots in the party to see what they think of him running again. It's quite clear Gore is still mulling whether or not to run.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »

Were that the case, maybe, but Obama belongs to the United Church of Christ, which I understand is a mainline Protestant denomination

To say Obama is a Muslim is as inaccurate as anyone saying Bobby Jindal is a Hindu, since Jindal is a Roman Catholic

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »

It's not really getting exciting I'm simply saying that damages Obama and some people live in Fantasy Land where people don't care about race and creed

This coming from the delusional child who thinks that Mitt Romney can win.....
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

I never said he would get the GOP nomination, I just said that I would support him. I admit that he can't win the nomination, but that doesn't mean I support him any less.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »

He was Muslim until age 6, when his parents converted to Catholicism.

Wrong, he was never a Muslim.

His mother remarried an Indonesian and they lived in Indonesia for 2 or 3 years. Obama went to a Muslim school for a short time  but was never Muslim himself.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »

More proof that Obama is a terrorist Wink :

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »

He is NOT a black Muslim.  He is a half-black Christian who joined his current church in the '80s who happened to go to a Muslim school when he was very young because his mother wanted to ensure that he could get the best education possible.  If that's a damning as you say, how about the fact that Bush was a drunken frat boy who snorted cocaine and was arrested for a DUI?  Evidently, the public doesn't care too much about what happened in candidates' childhoods.  Obama has been a Christian for more of his life than Bush.

News alert:  George W. Bush won't be on the ballot in 2008
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »

News alert:  George W. Bush won't be on the ballot in 2008

It doesn't matter; the 2008 election will be a referendum on his eight years.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »

Obviously you are unfamiliar with my opinions I have stated numerous times I do not like Mitt Romney and don't think he has a good chance at winning.
Deano963

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »

Obviously you are unfamiliar with my opinions I have stated numerous times I do not like Mitt Romney and don't think he has a good chance at winning.

On the contrary, you made a map where Romney was the VP and you had him defeating a ticket made up of two Christians - Obama and Richardson. Obviously you must think there is something very special about Romney. Either that, or you are extremely ignorant of the fact that Americans only have a slightly better opinion of Mormonism than they do of Islam.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies