bush=clueless on health care
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  bush=clueless on health care
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: bush=clueless on health care  (Read 1945 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070121/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_7

note to republicans:  you cant fix every problem in the world by tinkering with the tax code.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »

sun=rises in east
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »

But this proposed change that will increase taxes on some middle class households will solve all of our problems!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »

you know, anytime it snows 5 inches in santa fe, or if there is a mudslide outside san diego, the federal government declares a disaster and rushes aid in.

that is what we need to do with health care.  declare the currrent system a 'disaster' and fix the problem.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »

you know, anytime it snows 5 inches in santa fe, or if there is a mudslide outside san diego, the federal government declares a disaster and rushes aid in.

that is what we need to do with health care.  declare the currrent system a 'disaster' and fix the problem.

I agree.  I also believe we need to declare war on drugs, that should fix our problem there.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »

I agree.  I also believe we need to declare war on drugs, that should fix our problem there.

two different issues.

but good job acting like a libertarian!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »

I don't think we need to Katrinaize our health care system... Tongue
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:55 PM »

Of course we don't need a national health care system. Poor people should stop complaining and learn what personal responsibility is.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »

Only people who should even be considered having universal health care are those below the poverty line and who don't ahve jobs. Once they get above that it goes away.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »

Not only this, but poor people have a God-given right to affordable high speed internet access, air-conditioning, and free universal cell phone coverage.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »

Not only this, but poor people have a God-given right to affordable high speed internet access, air-conditioning, and free universal cell phone coverage.

dont be ignorant.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 04:58:54 PM »

dont be ignorant.

Why do you believe he's ignorant Mitty?

I think his point is a little absurd...but for you to call someone ignorant, without some rationale...kind of a letdown
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »

dont be ignorant.

Why do you believe he's ignorant Mitty?

I think his point is a little absurd...but for you to call someone ignorant, without some rationale...kind of a letdown

to compare high speed internet to health care is ignorant.

unfortunately, too many americans have this kind of attitude.  most of them are only a missing paycheck or two away from financial crisis themselves.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2007, 05:05:24 PM by Advocate for Private Firestations »

dont be ignorant.

I could say the same about your 'assumption' that the government could affectively provide adequate health care to all it's people for free.

edit:htmldon's right.  This is the same government that doesn't work at national disasters.  This is only people in one part of the country, I couldn't imagine how horrible it would be if the federal government were to assume all responsiblity for 'health care'.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »

dont be ignorant.

Yeah, maybe a bit too much.  They can make do with dial-up connections.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »

dont be ignorant.

I could say the same about your 'assumption' that the government could affectively provide adequate health care to all it's people for free.

edit:htmldon's right.  This is the same government that doesn't work at national disasters.  This is only people in one part of the country, I couldn't imagine how horrible it would be if the federal government were to assume all responsiblity for 'health care'.

the free market hasnt done a good job at providing health for everyone.  how would the government do any worse.

just face it...you wish the poor folks wouldnt act so uppity.  they should learn their place on the ladder.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2007, 05:30:31 PM by bullmoose88 »

dont be ignorant.

just face it...you wish the poor folks wouldnt act so uppity.  they should learn their place on the ladder.

Come on Mitty,

You're capable of better arguments than an attack on MaC(Or whatever other Lame screenname he uses).

Stick to the market failure argument...its certainly true.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 05:23:26 PM »

Jeez, now you sound like opebo!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 05:25:03 PM »

I didn't know this country has a "free-market" health care system.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

Good Point.

But is there anyone here that thinks that the current system works?

And if you (general royal you) think the current system is broken, what should run a new system (actual free market or govt or some other system) and what should its priorities be? (ie cost, or coverage etc)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

We don't.  Hence the problem.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »

dont be ignorant.

the free market hasnt done a good job at providing health for everyone.  how would the government do any worse.

Walter what is it that you want to happen? Medical costs have to be paid somehow, either you buy health insurance or pay out of pocket, or the government pays and raises your taxes to cover it. The only other option is that government forces someone else to pay for your healthcare. Which one are you hoping for?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »

Universal Health Care works with small populations. However, there is no efficient way to provide universal health care to every American. How do you intend to do this without taxing citizens into the ground? How do you intend to deal with the massive waiting lines for basic health services? What are you going to tell all of the private doctors that are now on government pay? What makes you think the government could more efficiently handle health care than they could say...ANYTHING else?

Too many questions, too few answers. I do support more funding into medical research and programs such as medicaid...but Universal Health Care simply isn't feasible.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 10:03:24 PM »

I think you're mixing universal health care coverage with a nationalized healthcare system.  Universal health coverage simply means that every person has medical insurance, whether that be from government of private sources.

Minnesota is working on legislation to have every person covered by 2010.  Since only 8% of Minnesotans don't have coverage, it shouldn't be that hard.  Most of these people are children that are already eligible for MinnesotaCare but haven't applied.  Making it compulsory to apply or have medical coverage at birth or at kindergarten in the mean time wouldn't cost THAT much money.

Maybe you're right... health care should be administered by the states.  Texas has a whopper of a problem, in that case:  31% of Texans are uninsured.  Another ironic facet of the George W. Bush-NeoCon/Health care saga.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »

Maybe you're right... health care should be administered by the states.  Texas has a whopper of a problem, in that case:  31% of Texans are uninsured.  Another ironic facet of the George W. Bush-NeoCon/Health care saga.

Here we agree. Mandatory, state health insurance is a feasible, and likely effective system.

You'll never catch me giving Bush credit for his term as governor of Texas. The man was an imbecile then, more so than he is now. Ann Richards will always be my governor.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies