Bush +15 in South Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Bush +15 in South Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush +15 in South Carolina  (Read 29654 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2004, 08:45:06 AM »

Yeah, but the 'Upper South' is less religious than the Deep South- and more prosperous. Smith lost the Upper South largely for economic reasons.

If you believe that you'll believe anything
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2004, 12:44:59 PM »

Keep in mind, I live in the Upper South... you're just a dork that looks at numbers all day for politics in a country you don't even reside in...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2004, 01:09:39 PM »

Keep in mind, I live in the Upper South... you're just a dork that looks at numbers all day for politics in a country you don't even reside in...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2004, 03:02:26 PM »

Responding to this would put me on your level
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2004, 05:00:20 PM »

On the level of someone with a life? No, I think it's too late for that in your case.

Are you even British, or did you immigrate there from Africa or something?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2004, 06:10:07 PM »

On the level of someone with a life? No, I think it's too late for that in your case.

I'll have to interject that claiming to 'have a life' IN a post on this board is pretty hilarious.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2004, 06:14:52 PM »

Fair enough, but everything is relative...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2004, 07:28:51 PM »

*chalks this up in case I have to do any debating with you*
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2004, 07:40:53 PM »

Don't worry, it would be a quick debate and you would be on the losing side. Few years back I was one of the better debaters in the state of VA...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2004, 06:09:27 AM »

Is this Enoch Powell's ghost I see before me?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2004, 09:53:02 AM »

I'll take that as a yes. At least give me props for perception... then again, most communists in Britain are of foreign descent. Not Livingstone, of course...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2004, 01:13:43 PM »

I'll take that as a yes. At least give me props for perception... then again, most communists in Britain are of foreign descent. Not Livingstone, of course...

I'm white actually
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2004, 01:25:37 PM »

I'll take it not of the Christian variety...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »

I'll take it not of the Christian variety...

I am a Christian
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2004, 03:14:42 PM »

By what definition?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 10:59:32 AM »

My *guess* for SC (at the moment and presuming that Edwards isn't Kerry's VP pick. If he is the Dems gain in rural SC) is about 52% for Bush and 45% for Kerry.

Off just a bit, eh? Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 02:48:31 AM »

My *guess* for SC (at the moment and presuming that Edwards isn't Kerry's VP pick. If he is the Dems gain in rural SC) is about 52% for Bush and 45% for Kerry.

Just a bit indeed considering where the polls were in early July 2004.  If the election had been held then instead of November, Kerry would have won.  Unfortunately for Kerry he had the double debacle of a bad Democratic convention and a good GOP convention.  Had the Democrats been able to hold a decent convention,  Kerry might have won and had the Dems could have had a Senate that was unchanged or even ganed a seat had Vitter lost the runoff in Louisiana.  (Yes I know there was no runoff in the 2004 LA Senate race, but that was just barely and a better Democratic campaign across the board would have.  Also the Dems instead of losing 3 House seats would have picked up 2 or 3 seats depending on whether Colorado requires a plurality or a majority in US House elections.  (With a stronger Dem showing Musgrave would have only gotten a plurality in Colorado 4 instead of the majority she did in real life and Matsunaka would certainly have picked up most of the 4% of the vote for Green Party in the runoff.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »

Just a bit indeed considering where the polls were in early July 2004.  If the election had been held then instead of November, Kerry would have won.  Unfortunately for Kerry he had the double debacle of a bad Democratic convention and a good GOP convention.  Had the Democrats been able to hold a decent convention,  Kerry might have won and had the Dems could have had a Senate that was unchanged or even ganed a seat had Vitter lost the runoff in Louisiana.  (Yes I know there was no runoff in the 2004 LA Senate race, but that was just barely and a better Democratic campaign across the board would have.  Also the Dems instead of losing 3 House seats would have picked up 2 or 3 seats depending on whether Colorado requires a plurality or a majority in US House elections.  (With a stronger Dem showing Musgrave would have only gotten a plurality in Colorado 4 instead of the majority she did in real life and Matsunaka would certainly have picked up most of the 4% of the vote for Green Party in the runoff.

That's a lot of ifs.  Smiley
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2005, 05:53:38 PM »

Um, this topic is about South Carolina.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2005, 06:17:48 PM »

Um, this topic is about South Carolina.

He's talking about the south in general, obviously.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005, 08:38:03 PM »

And Al's prediction was about South Carolina.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies