question for the democrats (re: chris dodd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  question for the democrats (re: chris dodd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: what 'choice' is dodd for you in the dem primary?
1st choice

2nd choice

3rd choice

4th choice

5th or lower

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: question for the democrats (re: chris dodd)  (Read 2320 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »

discuss
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:59:44 PM »

this is what i dont like about poll questions on the board...people vote without explaining themselves.

im curious as to why most democrats laugh at chris dodd.  he seems like a standard liberal.  and he has loads of experience.  what is the problem with him?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »

Nothing against him, but there are other better candidates. He'd probably be doing a lot better if he hadn't voted for the Iraq war.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »

I'm not a dem, but I put second choice.

My first, of people who are in the race right now, is Bill Richardson. I kinda like Chris Dodd, and he is someone who has experience, and isn't Obama or Hillary.

So, there we go.  If Bayh, or Warner were still in it, than Dodd would be dropped to 4th.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:06:36 PM »

Nothing against him, but there are other better candidates. He'd probably be doing a lot better if he hadn't voted for the Iraq war.

hillary voted for the war (and hasnt totally renounced her vote) and according to the polls, she is leading the pack.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »

hillary voted for the war (and hasnt totally renounced her vote) and according to the polls, she is leading the pack.

If Hillary had voted against the Iraq war, the nomination would be hers.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »

Dodd would probably be my fourth choice, but it's early.  He gives a very good accounting of himself in interviews and debates, from what I have seen.  I find him personable enough.  He's exceptionally smart.

So far, Gore is my first choice...followed by Obama, Edwards and Richardson.  But Dodd could move up. So could Tom Vilsack.  I like them a lot better than Hillary Clinton and Dennis Kucinich.  I don't know enough about Mike Gravel to make an informed comment.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »

probably a 5th or less

edwards
richardson
obama
biden
dodd
clinton
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »

I'd prefer him slightly more than Ted Kennedy, which is not much at all.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:48 AM »

id like to bump this to the top
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »

I'd prefer him slightly more than Ted Kennedy, which is not much at all.

I take it back, somewhat. He'd be fine as President, but horribly dull and unsinspiring as a nominee.
Deano963

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 12:16:51 PM »

im curious as to why most democrats laugh at chris dodd.  he seems like a standard liberal.  and he has loads of experience.  what is the problem with him?

What are you talking about? I've never heard of any Democrats or talked to any Democrats who laugh at Chris Dodd. Could you give some examples? I think you might be confusing him with Joe Biden, who deserves every bit of ridicule he recieves.

In fact, the only preson I can ever recall on this forum poking fun at Chris Dodd in some way is you.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »

I like Dodd.  He is a good Senator and a good man.  He'd make a good POTUS but I dunno if he makes a good candidate.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »

this is what i dont like about poll questions on the board...people vote without explaining themselves.

He's a good Senator. But he's about as interesting as watching paint dry, and is another Kerry-esque northeastern liberal.

I'd probably place him 4th, after Obama, Edwards and Richardson.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »

He's fine and would obviously make a good president, but he's not all that exciting and Americans aren't smart enough to listen to what he's saying if he's not exciting, so he'd probably be a poor general election candidate.

I'll support him if he gets the nomination, of course.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 06:04:23 PM »

What are you talking about? I've never heard of any Democrats or talked to any Democrats who laugh at Chris Dodd. Could you give some examples? I think you might be confusing him with Joe Biden, who deserves every bit of ridicule he recieves.

In fact, the only preson I can ever recall on this forum poking fun at Chris Dodd in some way is you.

i support dodd (at least for the dem nomination), so how could i be poking fun at him.

when i say democrats 'laugh' at him, i mean they laugh at his running for president.  they like him as a senator.
Deano963

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 06:20:18 PM »

i support dodd (at least for the dem nomination), so how could i be poking fun at him.

You said that he would raise only $100 dollars for the 1st quarter - that's probably only the dig at him I have ever seen on here. That's obviously poking fun seeing as how he is expected to raise $7 - $9 million.

when i say democrats 'laugh' at him, i mean they laugh at his running for president.  they like him as a senator.

Umm....yeh, that's exactly what I thought you meant. That dosen't change anything I said - I still haven't ever heard any Democrats laughing at his candidacy.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »

He would come in about fourth out of the announced candidates for me after Obama, Edwards and maybe Gravel.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »

You said that he would raise only $100 dollars for the 1st quarter - that's probably only the dig at him I have ever seen on here. That's obviously poking fun seeing as how he is expected to raise $7 - $9 million.

Umm....yeh, that's exactly what I thought you meant. That dosen't change anything I said - I still haven't ever heard any Democrats laughing at his candidacy.

7-9 million isnt much...not when hillary pulls in 36 million and obama has over 20.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies