Day 50: Isakson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Day 50: Isakson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Day 50: Isakson  (Read 2374 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 06:29:21 AM »

In 1995, he enacted Motor Voter in Georgia and added a million people to the voter rolls. In 1998, he was honored as "Legislator of the Year" by the Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition. He crafted legislation to make it easier for service men and women to save for their childrens' college.

Motor Voter is nothing to be proud of, but that is interesting about the legislation.  Did it pass?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »

A nice surprise.  Georgia elects good senators.

^^^ (other than zell miller)

i like chambliss and isakson.  sam nunn was good also.

max cleland was a lousy senator with a chip on his shoulder.  im glad he is gone.

What on earth does Cleland have a chip on his shoulder about?  I'm really baffled by that remark.

losing his reelection race.

Max Cleland doesn't have a chip on his should about that.

I do.

And so do a lot of other Americans, who wonder how Saxby Chambliss could dare malign the patriotism of a such a hero.  Chambliss didn't serve in Vietnam because he had a bum knee.  (On which he ran track all through college.)  Cleland has no knees any more.

Chambliss won.  No question or quibbles about it.  And insofar as I wish any elected official well, I wish him well.  Certainly, I wish him no harm.  But the present doesn't change what's past.  And Cleland was the victim of what may be the worst and most egregious slur in the history of American politics.  (And yeah, I think the atom bomb ad used against Goldwater ranks right up there, too.)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »

Zell Miller endorsed Reed. 56% of Georgia GOP primary voters voted against Reed. That means 56% of Georgia Republicans are better people then Zell Miller. Every single person who supported Reed is complete human trash.

It's a dam shame that the Republicans didn't select Reed. Jim Martin might have stood a better chance against him than he did Casey Cagle

Yes, the Georgia Lt. Governorship was another office, hitherto, 'sacred' to Democrats but not anymore Sad

Dave
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 04:07:25 AM »

And so do a lot of other Americans, who wonder how Saxby Chambliss could dare malign the patriotism of a such a hero.  Chambliss didn't serve in Vietnam because he had a bum knee.  (On which he ran track all through college.)

He was found physically unfit to serve the three times he tried.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »

And so do a lot of other Americans, who wonder how Saxby Chambliss could dare malign the patriotism of a such a hero.  Chambliss didn't serve in Vietnam because he had a bum knee.  (On which he ran track all through college.)

He was found physically unfit to serve the three times he tried.

Uh huh.  But he was quite the track and football star in college.

At least he didn't use the "pilonidal cyst" excuse some others did.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies