17 year old goes to prison for 10 years for getting a blow job from a 15 year ol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:13:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  17 year old goes to prison for 10 years for getting a blow job from a 15 year ol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 17 year old goes to prison for 10 years for getting a blow job from a 15 year ol  (Read 9676 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 03:15:44 PM »

I just find the picture of a 57 year old man with a 17 year old girl rather revolting, prude that I am Wink. Even in private lives, there has to be standards

Dave

I understand what you're saying, but something being "revolting" shouldn't be a sole reason to make it illegal, in my mind.  Not that there aren't other valid arguments for banning such a relationship, but that's not the best...
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 03:17:56 PM »

Ten years for doing the same thing the previous president did seems rather harsh.
I wasn't aware that Monica was 15 years old at the time.

The difference in age between Monica and Clinton was much greater than in this case. If this 17 year old kid should have known better then shouldn't BC also have known better?
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 03:19:14 PM »

David S- Please make them stop bringing 57 year old men into this! Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 03:20:27 PM »

I just find the picture of a 57 year old man with a 17 year old girl rather revolting, prude that I am Wink. Even in private lives, there has to be standards

Dave

I find lime green drapes to be revolting also, and therefore I believe they should be banned.  Who cares if people will only put them up in the privacy of their own homes?  Just the image alone is enough to make me want to eradicate them from society.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2007, 03:50:00 PM by David S »

LOL well I'm 58 now so I guess that lets me off the hook. And since you haven't reached 57 yet you're in the clear too.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 05:02:58 PM »

LOL well I'm 58 now so I guess that lets me off the hook. And since you haven't reached 57 yet you're in the clear too.

Whew!
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »

Ten years for doing the same thing the previous president did seems rather harsh.
I wasn't aware that Monica was 15 years old at the time.

The difference in age between Monica and Clinton was much greater than in this case. If this 17 year old kid should have known better then shouldn't BC also have known better?

Unlike the 15-year-old, Monica was not underage.

Legally you're right. Because of the legal definitions the young lady is considered underage while the young man is not. But when you compare the two cases it seems ironic that this young man gets 10 years for having oral sex with a girl who is almost his age while Clinton gets no punishment for doing the same thing with a woman half his age. The young guy in this case is at the age where his hormones  are raging and perhaps his knowlege of the law is not so good. Clinton certainly should have known better, and he was way past the raging hormone age.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007, 05:24:04 PM »

Wow.........a sad sight if Ive ever seen one. Georgia continues to show, along with many of its counterparts that it refuses to be part of the sexual enlightenment of recent times. I cant believe I am supposed to be united with the people that enacted this. They might as well ban any sort of sex, foreplay, or even flirting while theyre at it, then they can finally live in thier moral Georgia, and die there so they never have to be heard again.

I urge everyone to go to wilsonappeal.com, sign the petition, and contact Georgia legislators. A new bill on the Georgia Senate floor just may give this boy a new chance, but only if the pressure is applied.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

If blow jobs mean that much to him, he's probably going to the right place.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »

Aah, the age of consent.  One of those gloriously arbritrary and inconsistent figures that each state seemed to have picked via the good old 'blindfold-and-dartboard' technique.  I've always loved the fact that the proper mental faculties to understand and appreciate sex properly are supposed to become instantly apparent to each person in a single day.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »

A definite case against mandatory minimums.  However, suppose instead of a 17 year old it had been 57 year old who had gotten lucky with a 15 year old.  Would y'all still say that it shouldn't be a crime?

What if it had been two fifteen year olds?  Most states have what is called a 'Romeo and Julliette' clause for children who are over a certain age but close in age to each other. 

When I first saw the title of this thread I assumed it was probably a gay couple or something, because states do tend to have issues about that - whether fair or not.   The idea that a non-theocratic state would consider consenting sex between older teens a felony is nothing short of amazing.  Even the puritians considered it just a misdemeanor.

Though I would discourage young individuals from rushing into sex too soon, and though I may be considered old fashoned about it I think it is better to develop a deep relationship first and not rush into things (unlike certain people who boast here of their 'conquests'), I am not so naive as to think such things don't happen. 

Teenagers hang around each other a lot.  They develop close relationships.  The feel both hormonal and social pressure to have sex.  57 yo's don't fit into that equation, and certainly should be old enough to know better.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »

*Ahem*

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50770.0
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »

The idea that a non-theocratic state would consider consenting sex between older teens a felony is nothing short of amazing.

This is Georgia we're talking about. They thought that Zell Miller was a Democrat. Enough said.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007, 07:26:43 PM »

hahaha . . . now, if she was 21, even a 58 year old man would pause for a moment.  Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »

Oh......good call Gully. I wouldve caught it first time but I rarely venture onto this board.
Deano963

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2007, 08:41:34 PM »

Do the idiots down in Georgia realize that if this punishment was given to every single 17-year old in their state (not to mention the entire country) that has engaged in consensual oral sex and/or actual sex, that half of the teenagers in Georgia would be behind bars?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

Do the idiots down in Georgia realize that if this punishment was given to every single 17-year old in their state (not to mention the entire country) that has engaged in consensual oral sex and/or actual sex, that half of the teenagers in Georgia would be behind bars?

I'm not sure if they would consider that a bad thing. Tongue
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »

Depends - do you realize the law has already been changed?
Deano963

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2007, 10:08:15 PM »

Oh Golly Gee!! They changed it!? Just in time too! Roll Eyes

Sarcasm aside, yes, I did know that the law has been changed as I have been paying attention to the story since before the sentencing was handed down. It's just a little ridiculous that it took the GA legislature about oh......40 YEARS TOO LONG TO DO IT. It's even more ridiculous that the legislature has not done something about it or the Governor has not taken it upon himself to pardon this kid. I mean my God talk about a regressive state.

I wonder what other arcane laws Georgia still has on the books? Someone should look into that before some poor black guy is sentenced to execution by lynching for dating a white girl or something.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:24 PM »

Sarcasm aside, yes, I did know that the law has been changed as I have been paying attention to the story since before the sentencing was handed down. It's just a little ridiculous that it took the GA legislature about oh......40 YEARS TOO LONG TO DO IT. It's even more ridiculous that the legislature has not done something about it or the Governor has not taken it upon himself to pardon this kid. I mean my God talk about a regressive state.

I wonder what other arcane laws Georgia still has on the books? Someone should look into that before some poor black guy is sentenced to execution by lynching for dating a white girl or something.

I'm sure there are no arcane laws in Ohio. Roll Eyes

If you think about it, arcane laws are on the books everywhere in every state - they generally only get changed when they actually get enforced and the modern status quo says the incident shouldn't have been enforced. That's what happened here.

And granted I'll say the governor should pardon him, but even if this happened in another state there's no gaurantee it would happen(or even come to the governor's attention for that matter) - if the governor knows about the case and hasn't gotten off his rear I'll agree with you on him, but frankly I won't deride an entire state over it. Or maybe I should call Ohio a backwards state because they haven't retracted the law against women wearing patent leather shoes in public or that five women may not live in the same house.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2007, 11:27:12 PM »

I'm sure there are no arcane laws in Ohio. Roll Eyes

If you think about it, arcane laws are on the books everywhere in every state - they generally only get changed when they actually get enforced and the modern status quo says the incident shouldn't have been enforced. That's what happened here.

And granted I'll say the governor should pardon him, but even if this happened in another state there's no gaurantee it would happen(or even come to the governor's attention for that matter) - if the governor knows about the case and hasn't gotten off his rear I'll agree with you on him, but frankly I won't deride an entire state over it. Or maybe I should call Ohio a backwards state because they haven't retracted the law against women wearing patent leather shoes in public or that five women may not live in the same house.

Its one thing to have backwards laws, its another for a state to be backwards enough to actually enforce the backwards law.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »

Yeah, he should have gotten at least the death penalty, if not eternal damnation in hell.

GABU YOU BLEEDING HEART, I WOULD HAVE TORTURED HIM BY CASTRATING HIM AND POURING SALT ON HIS WOUNDS, THEN GIVEN THE REST OF HIM, LIMB BY LIMB TO THE ALLIGATORS.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »

WHY DOESN'T SONNY PERDUE PARDON THE GUY?Huh

and if Perdue has his head too far up his ass,

WHY DOESN'T PRESIDENT BUSH PARDON THE GUY?Huh
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2007, 01:36:57 AM »

WHY DOESN'T SONNY PERDUE PARDON THE GUY?Huh

and if Perdue has his head too far up his ass,

Saw something on the CNN report that due to an obscure Georgia law, pardons can only occur after the sentence is completed, so  that would handcuff Perdue.  As far as what is stopping Bush, well its  Bush.

Supposidly some members of the state Senate are drafting a resolution to get hhim out of prison and end this travesty.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2007, 02:23:31 AM »

President bush's favorite hobby is hating a black so no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies