Day 53: Kerry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Day 53: Kerry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Day 53: Kerry  (Read 2862 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »

Pretty good senator. Terrible presidential candidate.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

On my list of worthless people in the senate, he recently bumped Barbara Boxer for the top spot.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »

Well, actually, he forgot Poland.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »

Pretty good senator. Terrible presidential candidate.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »

He voted to authorize use of force against Iraq solely to further his political career. That doesn't exactly endear him to me, and his reputation for liberalism is overblown in any case.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 01:38:56 PM »

A clueless Presidential candidate who has said some really dumb sh**t.... but IMO, a great man with good character.  Hey, it takes a lot to be some rich kid who decides they're gonna send themselves over to a bloodbath like Vietnam out of love for their country.  He followed it up by doing everything he could to correct that massive mistake we got ourselves into. 

Freedom Fighter....no doubt. 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 01:43:10 PM »

He voted to authorize use of force against Iraq solely to further his political career. That doesn't exactly endear him to me, and his reputation for liberalism is overblown in any case.

I disagree, I think a lot of good, smart people voted for that resolution, their only mistake being putting their trust in our President.  Sad really. 
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 01:44:06 PM »

I usually don't do this to people but he deserves it...

He is total scum. By far the worst Senator in the current congress (Frist had that honor in '06).

I don't understand why the Democrats nominated him of all people. You know what you were going to get with Dean or Edwards or Clinton. Kerry is a total flip-flopping fraud.

Furthermore his comments about the military and the educated is a total slam on our Soldier and myself. It was total disrespect to our armed forces. Most Soldiers (including myself) would love to punch him in the nose about that comment. Thank god most people realize now he is a has-been.

Bottom line: I prefer any Senator over him.  As much as I dislike Barney Frank or John Oliver, I would prefer them as a Senator over Kerry because you know what you will get with them even if it is horrible stuff.

P.S I promise that this will be the only Senator I will be this critical on. Unless Jim Jeffords or Bill Frist comes back.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »

I never saw his 'liberalism'. I thought he was a very conservative candidate actually. (Ignoring the hot button issues of Abortion and gays, which aren't really important at all.)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 01:50:38 PM »

I never saw his 'liberalism'. I thought he was a very conservative candidate actually. (Ignoring the hot button issues of Abortion and gays, which aren't really important at all.)

If he'd ignored those issues, and moved to the left on everything else he'd have won so...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »

And you want to abolish public schools.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »

If he'd ignored those issues, and moved to the left on everything else he'd have won so...

But that would meant lesser corporate funding to himself and the DLC.. and that would just not do.

You think had, say, Gephardt, been the nominee we would looking at a President Gephardt now?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »

Furthermore his comments about the military and the educated is a total slam on our Soldier and myself. It was total disrespect to our armed forces. Most Soldiers (including myself) would love to punch him in the nose about that comment.

Oh geez. The comment was aimed at Bush. He just forgot one word and should've said "get US stuck in Iraq". It was hardly intended as an insult to the military and you'd have to be an idiot to take it as one after this has been clarified a million times.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:10 PM »

And Dare I ask, What does that have to do with Anything to do with Senator John Kerry?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:23 PM »

Furthermore his comments about the military and the educated is a total slam on our Soldier and myself. It was total disrespect to our armed forces. Most Soldiers (including myself) would love to punch him in the nose about that comment.

Oh geez. The comment was aimed at Bush. He just forgot one word and should've said "get US stuck in Iraq". It was hardly intended as an insult to the military and you'd have to be an idiot to take it as one after this has been clarified a million times.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda! Once he said it, he opened the can of worms. Clearing it after the fact was like Lott's comments in 2002. He made his bed and now he lies in it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »

Woulda, coulda, shoulda! Once he said it, he opened the can of worms. Clearing it after the fact was like Lott's comments in 2002. He made his bed and now he lies in it.

It seems to me that it's one thing to assert he messed up, but it's another thing to continue to claim he meant something by his comments that he clearly didn't.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »

P.S I promise that this will be the only Senator I will be this critical on. Unless Jim Jeffords or Bill Frist comes back.

Whoa whoa whoa, do not speak ill of Jim Jeffords. Tongue
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 02:06:15 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa, do not speak ill of Jim Jeffords. Tongue
You mean BENEDICT Jeffords? Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

Hey, I strongly admire him for removing one-party control of all three branches of government, if only temporarily.  I also admire him for being relatively close to myself on the issues, and also for being an official Independent. Smiley

I'm getting off-topic here, but Jeffords won't be getting one of these threads, so I may as well say it here.  (The topic of John Kerry has been done to death anyway.)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 02:30:40 PM »

An American hero, a great Senator, a horrible candidate who nonetheless would have made a great President.  A truly decent human being as well.

While I feel America completely missed the boat in not electing him, I am still glad he has taken himself out of the 2008 mix.  Now, Kerry can get back to work on fighting for the liberal values that made our nation great.

And yes.  I do think he looks like Lerch.  <shrug>  Beats Alfred E. Newman any day...  <grin>
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »

And Dare I ask, What does that have to do with Anything to do with Senator John Kerry?

That it's rather silly you're accusing people of being insufficiently liberal on issues other than abortion and gays, since that actually describes you fairly well.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 03:11:27 PM »

Considering that abolishment of public schools is not a popular enough political idea to be valid, it would be irrelevant in a presidential vote, BRTD.  And where did he say it was an accusation?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »

That it's rather silly you're accusing people of being insufficiently liberal on issues other than abortion and gays, since that actually describes you fairly well.

Ignoring my views on Education; I still don't know what Kerry's supposed liberal views were on any of the major issues, he supported the Iraq War though and was not very clear what he would do different (in regards to the war) if President due to his fuddy-duddiness, the Democratic platform on issues such as the Enviorment was weak. Where was Kerry's supposed liberalism? With views he put in the election he would belong in any mainstream European conservative party. (And I felt the same way about Gore and Clinton aswell. Though Gore less so.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »

He wanted to repeal Bush's tax cuts and to say he had the same position as Bush on the war is pretty ridiculous.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies