Sen. Tim Johnson working from hospital
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:27:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sen. Tim Johnson working from hospital
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Tim Johnson working from hospital  (Read 1155 times)
Deano963

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »

AP:

WASHINGTON - Sen. Tim Johnson (news, bio, voting record) is reading news clippings and starting to do some office work from the hospital, almost two months after suffering a life-threatening brain hemorrhage. "At this point, he has requested more contact with office and is looking for updates from staff," his office said in a statement Friday.

Spokeswoman Julianne Fisher said the South Dakota Democrat is starting slowly.

"We do not anticipate him back (in the Senate) for several weeks," Fisher said. "We are bringing work to him rather than him coming to us. His first priority still is rehabilitation."

Johnson has been undergoing physical, occupational and speech therapy since he was transferred to rehabilitation from intensive care at George Washington University Hospital last month. He recently began to read and speak in full sentences, according to statements from his doctors.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070209/ap_on_go_co/ailing_senator;_ylt=AkRxXR34iGSNpy2uiS0kJf6s0NUE

In summary:

He's reading. He's talking. He's working. He's running. He's winning.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »

Wow.  Can't fault him for being a slacker, that's for sure.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »

Very good news Smiley

Dave
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »

I'm delighted. 

I can only wish the same progress takes place for Representative Norwood, who is in Hospice.  I am praying for them both. 
Sadly, it looks like Norwood's prospects are dim.  But I am still hoping for a turnaround.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

I'm delighted. 

I can only wish the same progress takes place for Representative Norwood, who is in Hospice.  I am praying for them both. 
Sadly, it looks like Norwood's prospects are dim.  But I am still hoping for a turnaround.

It's a shame for Norwood since if you think about it he is not that old. Although it is good news to hear that Johnson is doing better and is able to get some things done.   
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »

I'm delighted. 

I'm not hoping for his death, although I'm hoping for his retirement.

Good to see you say that.

As you probably know, many republicans are waiting patiently and hoping Tim Johnson will die.... ahh that wont happen.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »

I'm delighted. 

As you probably know, many republicans are waiting patiently and hoping Tim Johnson will die.... ahh that wont happen.

Oh man, I'm pretty darn partisan.  But never when it comes to the well being of another person.  Heck, I wish George W. Bush nothing but health and happiness.  Preferably, in Crawford.  ;-)

But it's not just a few Republicans who wish ill on Johnson.  I am sure there are some mean-spirited Democrats who harbor ill will for Rep. Norwood.  And that's a shame.  The man is a human being first of all and a fellow American.

I like what the surgeon said to Ronald Reagan on the operating table.  "Sir, today we are all Republicans."
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »

I'm delighted. 

Oh man, I'm pretty darn partisan.  But never when it comes to the well being of another person.  Heck, I wish George W. Bush nothing but health and happiness.  Preferably, in Crawford.  ;-)

But it's not just a few Republicans who wish ill on Johnson.  I am sure there are some mean-spirited Democrats who harbor ill will for Rep. Norwood.  And that's a shame.  The man is a human being first of all and a fellow American.

I like what the surgeon said to Ronald Reagan on the operating table.  "Sir, today we are all Republicans."

I hope Johnson recovers and I'm a Republican. The Democrats need more people like him. 
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »

I'm delighted. 

I hope Johnson recovers and I'm a Republican. The Democrats need more people like him. 

Just more proof that most Republicans are super-decent, caring people.  It's the mean-spirited few on both sides of the aisle who ruin the political process.

I am sure Senator Johnson has been overwhelmed with expressions of love and concern from many of his Senate colleagues across the aisle. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies