Sephiroth vs. Kefka
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:23:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sephiroth vs. Kefka
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Sephiroth vs. Kefka
Sephiroth

Kefka

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Sephiroth vs. Kefka  (Read 4941 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »

Kefka hands down.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:21:10 PM »

Sephiroth is the gayest villain ever in as many senses of the word as possible.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:39:39 PM »

agreed-Kefka had a lot more CHARACTER than Sephiroth.  An appreciable quality for villains IMO.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 11:44:35 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2007, 11:47:16 PM by Boris »

Was Kefka in  VI or VII? They've all blurred together for a casual fan like myself.

Although Sephiroth was kinda cool on Advent Children, which has to win the award of "most esoteric film ever made."
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

Was Kefka is VI or VII? They've all blurred together for a casual fan like myself.

Although Sephiroth was kinda cool on Advent Children, which has to win the award of "most esoteric film ever made."

VI.  The crazy clown dude with the laugh you hear a billion times.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 03:36:01 PM »

Was Kefka is VI or VII? They've all blurred together for a casual fan like myself.

It was known here as 3 first, I'll always know it as that. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »

The problem with insisting that IV be 2 and VI be 3 is that then you have the issue of wondering where the heck 4 through 6 went. Tongue
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:28:49 PM »

Sephiroth. At least he had some depth. Kefka was more entertaining, but as a character he was just "mua-hahahah-eeeeeevil". That and he didn't have an iconic badass walking-into-the-fire scene like Sephiroth.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:28 PM »

The problem with insisting that IV be 2 and VI be 3 is that then you have the issue of wondering where the heck 4 through 6 went. Tongue

The Japanese f---ed us over with that confusion-let them explain it.  I'll stick to calling it 3 thx.  Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »

Sephiroth. At least he had some depth. Kefka was more entertaining, but as a character he was just "mua-hahahah-eeeeeevil". That and he didn't have an iconic badass walking-into-the-fire scene like Sephiroth.

Whatever depth he might have had has been thoroughly murdered by the millions of fangirls who drool on his feet nonstop.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »

Whatever depth he might have had has been thoroughly murdered by the millions of fangirls who drool on his feet nonstop.

Ah, with me it was the opposite. Back in my Usenet days I grew thoroughly tired of the Kefka fanboys who always used to go on about how much better FF6 is than FF7 blah blah etc. Yeah, FF7 fanboys can be pathetic, but I've seen the flipside of the coin and it ain't purty either.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »

Ah, with me it was the opposite. Back in my Usenet days I grew thoroughly tired of the Kefka fanboys who always used to go on about how much better FF6 is than FF7 blah blah etc. Yeah, FF7 fanboys can be pathetic, but I've seen the flipside of the coin and it ain't purty either.

Honestly, I liked both games, but I'm just so freaking sick of hearing "omg sephiroth is so hot", "omg sephiroth is so cool", "omg sephiroth is the best villain ever", and on and on and on.  FF6 may have its fanboys, but FF7 and Sephiroth in particular always just seems to be so ridiculously overblown by casual RPG players and horny teenage girls.  It was a good game, sure, but come on.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »

Kefka is a better villain and FFVI is a better game
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

Obviously Kafka is the greatest villain of them all. Just look at him:

Remember to do his evil bidding or he will turn you into a cockroach.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 06:19:52 PM »

Bah, Sephiroth...probably the most disappointing final boss in the history of Final Fantasy. His only rival is Necron from FF9 in that Necron was just this random thing that fit nowhere into the story line whatsoever.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2007, 06:25:37 PM by SoFA Gabu »

Bah, Sephiroth...probably the most disappointing final boss in the history of Final Fantasy. His only rival is Necron from FF9 in that Necron was just this random thing that fit nowhere into the story line whatsoever.

Never mind Sephiroth himself; I always found that supernova whatever attack that he had to be the lamest and dumbest attack ever in any game that has been created.

"oh look here comes a meteor it crashed into the sun and now for no particular reason the sun has gone supernova and now it has burnt the entire freaking earth to a crisp which means that everyone is now dead

lol j/k it did 1000 damage and the world is fine

and he can also do this attack again

and waste like five hours of your life as you have to watch this entire sequence over and over and over"
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »

Never mind Sephiroth himself; I always found that supernova whatever attack that he had to be the lamest and dumbest attack ever in any game that has been created.

"oh look here comes a meteor it crashed into the sun and now for no particular reason the sun has gone supernova and now it has burnt the entire freaking earth to a crisp which means that everyone is now dead

and he can also do this attack again"

Yeah, that is another dumb thing about that battle. For starters, why screw around summoning meteor when he could have just wiped out the entire universe with Supernova? Would have saved me a hell of a lot of time.

Though, I am not sure if he can do it again. I think it drains too much of his MP to cast it again, which is sad given how lame a move it is (it's not even real damage, it's percentage based...meaning that it can't kill you). The reason I say this is that I have never seen him cast it twice, though once I accidentally used a Megalixer on him and sure enough he casted it again.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »

Yeah, that is another dumb thing about that battle. For starters, why screw around summoning meteor when he could have just wiped out the entire universe with Supernova? Would have saved me a hell of a lot of time.

Though, I am not sure if he can do it again. I think it drains too much of his MP to cast it again, which is sad given how lame a move it is (it's not even real damage, it's percentage based...meaning that it can't kill you). The reason I say this is that I have never seen him cast it twice, though once I accidentally used a Megalixer on him and sure enough he casted it again.

I'm almost 99% sure he can do it again because I distinctly remember wanting the five hours of my life back that Squaresoft stole by making me repeatedly watch that attack multiple times.

Maybe you got lucky or something.
Ferdinand
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -8.70

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »

I'm almost 99% sure he can do it again because I distinctly remember wanting the five hours of my life back that Squaresoft stole by making me repeatedly watch that attack multiple times.

Maybe you got lucky or something.

I think adam is right, actually. I have never seen Sephiroth cast it more than once, though I did hear of a glitch that occasionally Sephiroth's MP freeze's, allowing him to cast multiple times...which is probably excrutiating.

No matter, Kuja kicks all of the other villian's asses. Smiley
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 12:02:30 AM »

No, Sephiroth can do it over and over. That's why the attack is stupid. The  same planet get destroyed multiple times. And Kuja? I thought he was a girl when I first saw him.
Ferdinand
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 12:06:37 AM »

No, Sephiroth can do it over and over. That's why the attack is stupid. The  same planet get destroyed multiple times. And Kuja? I thought he was a girl when I first saw him.

Odd. I'll have to go fight that battle over again and see for myself, it's been awhile.

And Kuja was just a bad ass villian. He rode a dragon, was easily the most intellectual character in the game, and as far as bosses are concerned, he was harder than the last boss in FF9, who as adam pointed out, was completely random.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 12:11:45 AM »

Odd. I'll have to go fight that battle over again and see for myself, it's been awhile.

And Kuja was just a bad ass villian. He rode a dragon, was easily the most intellectual character in the game, and as far as bosses are concerned, he was harder than the last boss in FF9, who as adam pointed out, was completely random.

Really? I found Trance Kuja to be easy but Necron to be difficult. It's been a bit since I've played but I seem to recall Necron being ble to inflict all these status effects on you. Which is annoying.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »

I never beat FF9.  The reason?  I can't f**king beat Kuja and I'm not interested in running around gaining enough levels to be able to.
Ferdinand
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 12:19:36 AM »

Really? I found Trance Kuja to be easy but Necron to be difficult. It's been a bit since I've played but I seem to recall Necron being ble to inflict all these status effects on you. Which is annoying.

That is true, but I always made it a point to keeps ribbons equipped and remedies handy, so this never got to be too much of a problem. The statuses are the reason that Necron is supposed to be hard, if you can negate them, you'll see that his attacks are mediocre and that he is rather sluggish. Trance Kuja on the other hand is speedy as hell and has a lot of really painful attacks, before I took the time to level up a bit, his shadow flare attack was almost a two hit killer.

I never beat FF9.  The reason?  I can't f**king beat Kuja and I'm not interested in running around gaining enough levels to be able to.

It's tough, my best adivce is to cast reflect to save your self from flare and his other healacious magic casts. Steiner's regular attack should be doing close to 7000 by this point, so have him, have Eiko in your party because you'll need a healer and because Garnet sucks, Have Freya abuse the jump attack and do your best to keep Zidane alive long enough to get him into trance. Unfortunately, there is no good conventional way to beat Kuja...first few times I tried with my regular tactics (no healers, no magic, all physical attacks) and was killed almost immediately.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies