Edwards Blogger Mishap
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:11:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Edwards Blogger Mishap
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards Blogger Mishap  (Read 511 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IcRSsNYr5LU

One of the blogs in question (I think)
http://punk.punkasshost.com/suspended.page/

What does everyone think about this?

You can't get good help these days...
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:47:40 PM »

I hadn't even heard of this story until it showed up on Fark's main page.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »

Oh yeah...READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »

I never read the original blog that contained the allegedly "anti-Catholic" comments, but now I'm curious. Obviously she has some bias in describing what she said, but I find it difficult to imagine how someone criticizing Catholicism for being anti-abortion could come off as actually bigoted against Catholics.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

More blustering from O'Reilly and a few religious nutjobs.  I saw the obvious humor in Marcotte's points that O'Reilly picked out, and the extract from McEwen is the kind of point that often strikes a chord with me.  I guess it's ok to be an atheist-hater in O'Reilly's mind (since he is one), but Christian-haters clearly must be hung, drawn and quartered.  What a pompous ass.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:03:34 PM »

More blustering from O'Reilly and a few religious nutjobs.  I saw the obvious humor in Marcotte's points that O'Reilly picked out, and the extract from McEwen is the kind of point that often strikes a chord with me.  I guess it's ok to be an atheist-hater in O'Reilly's mind (since he is one), but Christian-haters clearly must be hung, drawn and quartered.  What a pompous ass.

Well true, but in a country that is roughly 80% Christian (lesser amount of that Catholic) that was a pretty dumb move by Edwards if the facts reported in the clip are correct.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

Well true, but in a country that is roughly 80% Christian (lesser amount of that Catholic) that was a pretty dumb move by Edwards if the facts reported in the clip are correct.

Oh I can accept that, but I think that anybody who found their comments offensive ought to find themselves something better to do with their lives.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2007, 09:31:14 PM by bullmoose88 »

Oh I can accept that, but I think that anybody who found their comments offensive ought to find themselves something better to do with their lives.

Well...a couple of things. This country lacks a sense of humor...but I think these comments go too far...I'll admit...I got a little chuckle out of it, but then I thought about it...its highly unlikely that the blogger in question really meant to be funny (or pushing the bounds of humor....whether you agree if it was funny or not, its hard to believe it was meant as internet comedy.)

The real offensiveness in my mind is the intent of the blogger...doesn't seem like the next Bob Saget wannabe...it seems she has a legitimate/illegitimate gripe with a bunch of old men taking orders from Rome and that she was going to spew her anger/hate in retailation.

That sort of sh**t is far less funny than a general wiseass taking shots at certain topics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies