Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread).
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread).  (Read 2612 times)
Deano963

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »

Are you kidding? Santorum was one of the poster-boys of neoconservatism.

Neocons usually care very little for social issues and are usually liberal in those areas.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Name some neocons who are socially liberal and I will name many more who are socially conservative.

Goldwater it turned it was more socially liberal, If you considered him a neocon.

Well I certainly don't consider Goldwater a neocon, and I don't think any sane person would. He was the original conservative, as far as modern history goes. If anything, he is a paleocon.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »

Are you kidding? Santorum was one of the poster-boys of neoconservatism.

Neocons usually care very little for social issues and are usually liberal in those areas.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Name some neocons who are socially liberal and I will name many more who are socially conservative.

Goldwater it turned it was more socially liberal, If you considered him a neocon.

Well I certainly don't consider Goldwater a neocon, and I don't think any sane person would. He was the original conservative, as far as modern history goes. If anything, he is a paleocon.

I guess he could be considered the founder of the struggling liberterian-leaning Republican movement. he must also be spinning in his grave if he sees what the Republican party has become today.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 09:00:16 PM »

Neoconservatism does not deal with social issues at all.
Deano963

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:36 PM »

he must also be spinning in his grave if he sees what the Republican party has become today.

Agreed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »

I mentioned that social issues didn't play much of a role.

As for a neocon who is socially liberal, Deano, I think Condi Rice is a good example. Neocons don't put an emphasis on social issues.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »

As for a neocon who is socially liberal, Deano, I think Condi Rice is a good example. Neocons don't put an emphasis on social issues.

Condi Rice isn't socially liberal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:06 PM »

Condi Rice isn't socially liberal.

Right.  Roll Eyes
Deano963

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »

Wow. One example.

Ashcroft, Cheney, Gingrich, Bush, Rove, Murdoch, Kissinger and Armitage - a few neocons who are social conservatives.

And besides, I never said that neocons DO put emphasis on social issues. You're the one who brought up the whole social issues thing. All I said was that Santorum is a neocon - which he is. He is a neocon on foreign policy as well as a far-right social conservative.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 11:54:13 PM »

Wow. One example.

Ashcroft, Cheney, Gingrich, Bush, Rove, Murdoch, Kissinger and Armitage - a few neocons who are social conservatives.

And besides, I never said that neocons DO put emphasis on social issues. You're the one who brought up the whole social issues thing. All I said was that Santorum is a neocon - which he is. He is a neocon on foreign policy as well as a far-right social conservative.

Condi Rice is the leader of the least neoconservative wing of the administration, if such a thing is possible. On the other hand, Armitage and Kissinger are hardly neocons. And yes, most neoconservatives are conservative on social issues as well.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 03:12:35 AM »

While I will grant that some of these statements are true, although I didnt care to read through the whole thing, I woudl liek to point out that the WWF was very VERY different when Santorum lobbied for them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies