Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread).  (Read 2662 times)
Deano963

« on: February 15, 2007, 12:17:29 AM »

Despite my obvious policy disagreements with him, I respect Santorum's intellectual savvy

what
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 01:31:36 AM »

Despite my obvious policy disagreements with him, I respect Santorum's intellectual savvy

what

He's a very smart person. C'mon, you can respect someone even if you don't like them.

Of course I can, but I also won't say that said person posesses intellectual savvy when they simply don't. Heck, there are people I DO LIKE who I won't say that they are intellectually savvy. Santorum was simply NOT a very smart guy.

Nor he is a "neo-con" at all, unless we've watered that term down to include basically any enemy of the left.

Are you kidding? Santorum was one of the poster-boys of neoconservatism.

Deano963

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »

Neocons usually care very little for social issues and are usually liberal in those areas.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Name some neocons who are socially liberal and I will name many more who are socially conservative.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »

Neocons usually care very little for social issues and are usually liberal in those areas.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Name some neocons who are socially liberal and I will name many more who are socially conservative.

Goldwater it turned it was more socially liberal, If you considered him a neocon.

Well I certainly don't consider Goldwater a neocon, and I don't think any sane person would. He was the original conservative, as far as modern history goes. If anything, he is a paleocon.
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:36 PM »

he must also be spinning in his grave if he sees what the Republican party has become today.

Agreed.
Deano963

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »

I mentioned that social issues didn't play much of a role.

As for a neocon who is socially liberal, Deano, I think Condi Rice is a good example. Neocons don't put an emphasis on social issues.

Wow. One example.

Ashcroft, Cheney, Gingrich, Bush, Rove, Murdoch, Kissinger and Armitage - a few neocons who are social conservatives.

And besides, I never said that neocons DO put emphasis on social issues. You're the one who brought up the whole social issues thing. All I said was that Santorum is a neocon - which he is. He is a neocon on foreign policy as well as a far-right social conservative.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies