Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:52:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article written about Santorum(Phil I wouldn't click on this thread).  (Read 2646 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 14, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »

Whats the point of posting an article that seems to be a few years old about a guy who is no longer in elected office?

This hatred will last forever and they'll always enjoy bringing up his defeat. And life goes on...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

I liked Santorum and the guy who just replaced him is Santorum-lite anyways.

Er, yeah, that guy who opposed welfare reform is such a rightist...

Btw I just brought this article up for the hell of it.   

Thanks for sharing!

Question: Upon your return, why did you decide to become such a raging asshole?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »

Whats the point of posting an article that seems to be a few years old about a guy who is no longer in elected office?

This hatred will last forever and they'll always enjoy bringing up his defeat. And life goes on...

Phil, you're clearly a good person, and it puzzles me why you would so strongly support a bigoted, dominionist theocrat like Santorum, especially one who often doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck of cards. If I were Santorum, I'd move to Utah and wait for Orrin Hatch to retire, or learn to speak with a southern accent and run for a house seat somewhere in the deep south.

And Santorum's defeat will continue to be a favorite topic on the forum for a long time, as it shows, more clearly than any other race, that voters have finally fallen out of love with ultra-conservative republicans.

Let the hate continue...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:21:44 AM »

Quite a bit over the top. I'm pretty sure Santorum, as a Catholic, would not be a big fan of the rapture. Nor he is a "neo-con" at all, unless we've watered that term down to include basically any enemy of the left. And comparing him to Mullah Omar was the kicker. Let me know when Santorum begins forcing his religious views on people using his own personal militia.

Don't even bother arguing with these people, Jake. They'll never accept anything other than attacks on the man.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »

Are you kidding? Santorum was one of the poster-boys of neoconservatism.

Neocons usually care very little for social issues and are usually liberal in those areas.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »

I mentioned that social issues didn't play much of a role.

As for a neocon who is socially liberal, Deano, I think Condi Rice is a good example. Neocons don't put an emphasis on social issues.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:06 PM »

I mentioned that social issues didn't play much of a role.

As for a neocon who is socially liberal, Deano, I think Condi Rice is a good example. Neocons don't put an emphasis on social issues.

Condi Rice isn't socially liberal.

Right.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies