Midwest- NO to one-party and one-candidate elections!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:53:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest- NO to one-party and one-candidate elections!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Midwest- NO to one-party and one-candidate elections!  (Read 1042 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »

In the upcoming elections, citizens of the Midwest have only one choice for who to represent them. While I am sure Jas is a good choice, I am against one-party elections and therefore encourages all members who wish to register a vote of protest against one-party elections and one-candidate elections to either vote for "None of the Above" or "Write-in"
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »

While some do find unopposed elections rather boring, it isn't Jas's fault that no one wishes to run against him. If anything, it shows that the region is satisfied with the job he is doing and see no need to replace him.
CO-OWL
OWL
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: 0.10

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

Jas, to win reelection you should perhaps promise to recruite an opponent the next time you're running. Wink

To be precise, it's rather a zero-party election this time.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »

I apologise to Hashemite for my loneliness on the ballot but there's not really a lot I can do about it. Encouraging someone to stand against me didn't really cross my mind. Smiley

Just to clarify one point, which OWL has already pointed out, I'm not actually in any party at the moment, indeed I've been Independent for almost a year now. So no worries about 'one-party rule' or anything like that.

If you feel strongly about the issue, I'd encourage you to run yourself and I'd be perfectly willing to have a debate or something, if you wish. Write-in campaigns have been successful before and will be again.

I appreciate that my campaign effort has been limited, but running a one-man oppositionless campaign is not a specialty of mine. The opportunity was and is there for an opponent to run in this race - I chose to run and I'd hope that any votes cast against me would be for my own failings and not those of others.

I have been continuing to work in the Senate, something I enjoy and hope to keep at for another term, with the grace of the Midwestern voters. By the way, if you (or anyone else) have any questions about my political stances, my voting record or anything like that, please feel free to use this thread to do so. Thanks for listening, and like I say, I'm open to your questions. Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »

But Jas is so huggable! Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:38:16 PM »

Thank you Jas.

While I will not run this time, I will run to represent the people of the Midwest again!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »

Thank you Jas.

While I will not run this time, I will run to represent the people of the Midwest again!

Hey, they only other way you could do that would be to run for Governor!

...Sad

Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »

Thank you Jas.

While the filing deadline is passed, you're welcome to run as a write-in candidate.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »

Damn. Had I noticed this before, I would have had a second preference to put on my ballot.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »

And thats coming from the king of hugs! ^__^
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies