Labour's I.D ''interview centres'' named.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Labour's I.D ''interview centres'' named.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labour's I.D ''interview centres'' named.  (Read 680 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »

There will be 69 interview centres established and in 2009 we will voluntarily attend for our fingerprints to be scanned and stored in the national identity register. Iris scans may also be taken. Some of the 'centres' will be up to 100 miles away. All first time passport applicants will also be obliged to attend the centres.

They are: Aberdeen, Aberystwyth, Andover, Armagh, Barnstaple, Belfast, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Birmingham, Blackburn, Boston, Bournemouth, Bristol, Bury St Edmunds, Camborne, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Coleraine, Crawley, Derby, Dover, Dumfries, Dundee, Edinburgh, Exeter, Galashiels, Glasgow, Hastings, Hull, Inverness, Ipswich, Kendal, Kilmarnock, Kings Lynn, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liverpool, London, Luton, Maidstone, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Newport, Newport (Isle of Wight), Northallerton, Northampton, Norwich, Oban, Omagh, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Scarborough, Shrewsbury, Sheffield, St Austell, Stirling, Stoke-on-Trent, Swansea, Swindon, Warwick, Wick, Wrexham, Yeovil and York.

Not that I need to worry. I'm not going.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »

Epic fail
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »

Not that I need to worry. I'm not going.

Off to Room 101 with you!

I agree though, this entire ID card scheme is brainless sludge, and like so other government initiatives it's bound to be marred by cock-ups, horrendous disorganisation and a lack of resources.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »

My main worry about the ID card idea is the cost (other arguments aren't so big a concern; for a couple of reasons I have to carry various ID stuff around with me all the time as it is, and all sorts of medical and other data about me is on NHS databases also; including several biopsies). Most of the arguments for and against them haven't really interested or convinced me, frankly...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies