Philadelphians to vote on Troop Redeployment in Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:33:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Philadelphians to vote on Troop Redeployment in Primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is it a stupid idea to have this type of question on the ballot in a municipal/state primary?
Yes - Stupid idea to have this on the ballot.

No - It makes sense for this to be on the ballot.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Philadelphians to vote on Troop Redeployment in Primary  (Read 1873 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »

What the hell has this got to do with governing the city of Philadelphia Huh

Dave

I have to completely agree.

What the hell will this do anyway beyond just energize some of the Democratic base in the city? Nothing. I don't see why people consider this such a grand idea. There are much better evaluators of the publics opinion, the November 2006 mid-terms, every public opinion poll in the last two years, that shows the point that most want the troops to be withdrawn and its not like that has made Bush and his team notice beyond trying to win back some support through the half measure and dumb manuevering of the "surge".
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »

It should be on every ballot in the country.

Those who vote to keep the war going should also be immediately shipped out to Iraq in exchange for a soldier or marine who wants to come home.

Right.

Listen, you don't join the military believing that you won't see combat at some point during your enlistment. If you believe otherwise, you're braindead. You also don't join if you're not prepared to kill, be killed, and watch others be killed. That's the nature of the game. I don't become an electrician if I'm not prepared to be electrocuted if I or others mess up. Everyone in Iraq right now signed up to join the military. They're not doing anything that should be surprising to any one of them.

As for your chickenhawk baloney, if I want to install new electrical sockets in my house, do I just go and do it? No, you hire someone who chose to be an electrician and they do it. Same for war. Politicians chose (by a 3-1 vote) to deploy soldiers to Iraq and have continued to vote for and fund such a war. The soldiers are doing their job, being compensated for it on terms they agreed to when they enlisted, and honestly don't have a leg to stand on complaint wise.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »

It should be on every ballot in the country.

Those who vote to keep the war going should also be immediately shipped out to Iraq in exchange for a soldier or marine who wants to come home.

Right.

Listen, you don't join the military believing that you won't see combat at some point during your enlistment. If you believe otherwise, you're braindead. You also don't join if you're not prepared to kill, be killed, and watch others be killed. That's the nature of the game.

Unfortunately, there were a good number during the Gulf War I that felt that way.  There was such a big stink that those who signed up for the military so they could receive the educational benefits felt they did not have to go to war unlike "career" military personnel.  Fortunately, most of that weak stock has either retired or woke up to reality.  Personally, I was glad to see some of those spoiled brats leave.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 02:32:24 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yep but clearly we don't have enough so time to ship out the chickenhawk war supports until Iraq is a peaceful liberal democracy and bring home the soldiers and marines who want to come home.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 02:33:58 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yep but clearly we don't have enough so time to ship out the chickenhawk war supports until Iraq is a peaceful liberal democracy and bring home the soldiers and marines who want to come home.
Why are you insane?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies