Oklahoma 2008 Senate race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:54:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oklahoma 2008 Senate race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma 2008 Senate race  (Read 968 times)
Chesco ABB
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »

I'm wondering who the Dems might get in OK to challenge Inhofe. (Is it 100% certain that he'll run again?) I'm thinking that Dan Boren (OK-2 congressman) would be the strongest challenger, aside from Brad Henry, who is unlikely to run for the seat. Is there anyone else who would have a chance?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »

Nobody has entered the race, yet from either party.  I don't expect any candidates until this fall at the earliest.  You don't need a whole lot of time to run for Senate, even in Oklahoma since the state primary isn't until late July 2008.

I'd agree Dan Boren would be a pretty good contender.  I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.  Brad Carson who ran against Tom Coburn in 2004 to take Don Nickles seat did himself no favors by being a sore loser.  Brad Henry won't run for Senate until at least 2010 to replace Tom Coburn when both terms are up and Henry is term-limited in 2010.  Henry might, instead, position himself for a potential White House run in 2012 or 2016.  He's only 43 years old right now, so still real young, politically speaking.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:21:02 AM »

Nobody has entered the race, yet from either party.  I don't expect any candidates until this fall at the earliest.  You don't need a whole lot of time to run for Senate, even in Oklahoma since the state primary isn't until late July 2008.

I'd agree Dan Boren would be a pretty good contender.  I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.  Brad Carson who ran against Tom Coburn in 2004 to take Don Nickles seat did himself no favors by being a sore loser.  Brad Henry won't run for Senate until at least 2010 to replace Tom Coburn when both terms are up and Henry is term-limited in 2010.  Henry might, instead, position himself for a potential White House run in 2012 or 2016.  He's only 43 years old right now, so still real young, politically speaking.

How was Carson a sore loser? Did you see the man's concession? He just kept repeating how his prayers were with Coburn, wished him the best of luck, etc. I'll never forget how sad it was.
Rococo4

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:44:46 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised to see Inhofe not run, but I think all this talk of giving his a serious challenge (save Boren) are a little premature.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »

Hopefully, a Democrat with a good shot can come forward Smiley. Neither Inhofe nor Coburn are a credit to the state

Dave

RBH

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:56 PM »

Hopefully, a Democrat with a good shot can come forward Smiley. Neither Inhofe nor Coburn are a credit to the state

Dave

My first choice is State Senator/Japanese Home Run KingRandy Bass (D-Lawton).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And he also indirectly inspired the Curse of the Colonel

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies