Bob Casey's a little odd.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bob Casey's a little odd.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bob Casey's a little odd.  (Read 4605 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »

This is from Wikipedia.

"Mr. Casey is proud that he knows how many bars of soap are provided to patrons of the Red Roof Inn, as stated in an interview on the Pennsylvania Cable Network".

What does everybody think of this.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:48:56 PM »

I think we all know what incident Casey would have to strive to out-weird, and I do look forward to another dumb debate on it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:21:44 AM »

This man is such a toolbox.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:37:47 AM »

i cant wait until this clown is a *former* us senator.

i tuned into cspan2 the other day and mr. unibrow was the presiding officer.  it made me sick to my stomach.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 03:16:08 AM »

We both may have disagreements with Casey (from different angles), but we should both be able to agree on one thing: that seat is Casey's as long as he wants it.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 03:50:40 AM »

Casey trying to show that he is a regular guy staying in a budget style hotel = normal.  Compared to bringing corpses home for your children to sing songs to and to sleep with = not normal.
RBH

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:47:04 AM »

It's probably made up
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »

We both may have disagreements with Casey (from different angles), but we should both be able to agree on one thing: that seat is Casey's as long as he wants it.

Yep. Casey is only vacating it if he wants to be Governor.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

Casey trying to show that he is a regular guy staying in a budget style hotel = normal.  Compared to bringing corpses home for your children to sing songs to and to sleep with = not normal.

Wtf?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »

Casey can be beat as a Senator but it will likely play out that he'll leave to run for Governor someday. Retirement is also a possibility. Casey didn't want this job so he won't want the seat for a long time.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »

What's odd about it? Casey can't be the only person in the world who stores such useless pieces of information

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »

What's odd about it? Casey can't be the only person in the world who stores such useless pieces of information

Dave

Just because other people do it doesn't mean that it isn't odd.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

Dave

Just because other people do it doesn't mean that it isn't odd.

Phil, truth be known, we probably all do it. If so, its far from odd at all. Unless, of course, we are all odd Tongue

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

Phil, truth be known, we probably all do it. If so, its far from odd at all. Unless, of course, we are all odd Tongue

Dave

Dave, I'm sorry to inform you but I don't know the exact amount of bars of soap in that a specific motel chain gives out. Maybe I am odd for that...  Tongue
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

Dave

Dave, I'm sorry to inform you but I don't know the exact amount of bars of soap in that a specific motel chain gives out. Maybe I am odd for that...  Tongue

Never do I Grin but I dare say I know some other useless piece of information. Not that I can think of anything off the top of my head, as I type, like Wink

Dave
RBH

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »

Hey guys, Every tidbit on Wikipedia is not accurate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »

Casey can be beat as a Senator

By who?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »

It is not odd that Casey would know this type of thing, especially if his family is staying with him.

Casey very possibly can be beaten, but it will depend what he does in the Senate.  I will point out that when Wofford was elected in 1991, no one had heard of Santorum, and in 1986, the last regular election for the seat, no one have heard of Wofford.
RBH

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:29 PM »

But a lot of people had heard of Bob Casey Jr in 2000.

Casey breaks his record for highest percentage won by a Democrat in 2012.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

And Wofford was beat in 1994
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 03:43:10 PM »

yes, but im quite sure at the time many (democrats) thought that wofford had the seat for as long as he wants.

casey jr. is no wofford, that is for sure.  if wofford can be beaten, mr. unibrow can too.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »

yes, but im quite sure at the time many (democrats) thought that wofford had the seat for as long as he wants.

casey jr. is no wofford, that is for sure.  if wofford can be beaten, mr. unibrow can too.

Wofford was barely beaten in a the worst year for Democrats since 1946.  I don't see him going down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »

It is not odd that Casey would know this type of thing, especially if his family is staying with him.

Casey very possibly can be beaten, but it will depend what he does in the Senate.  I will point out that when Wofford was elected in 1991, no one had heard of Santorum, and in 1986, the last regular election for the seat, no one have heard of Wofford.

Exactly.

Wofford was barely beaten in a the worst year for Democrats since 1946.  I don't see him going down.

Wofford was barely beaten because of a Constitution candidate running in the race and because Santorum made quite a few comments towards the end of the campaign that turned people off. Before that, Santorum had a very healthy lead.

Deano963

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2007, 09:17:57 PM by Deano963 »

jfern is right, of course.

OK, Republicans - we get it. You guys hate Bob Casey b/c he took down your hero Rick Sanitarium. If the situation were reversed, I'd probably feel the same way (not to say that Bob Casey is my hero, but hopefully you get the picture). For example: I despise Saxby Chambliss  for being the vile piece of human garbage that he is, but that dosen't mean that I harbor any delusions that the Democrats have someone in Georgia who could unseat him. You shouldn't believe the same of Bob Casey, b/c you don't have anyone who could take him out.

The fact is that there is no Republican who is ever going make Bob Casey a former U.S. Senator. The only Republican in the state of Pennsylvania who would stand a decent chance against Casey in a general election is the man who currently occupies PA's other Senate seat. The only way he ever becomes former U.S. Senator(in the near future, at least) is if he leaves voluntarily to run for Governor.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »

His last name is Casey. That gives him a huge advantage over Wofford.

Hate him all you like, but face it, Pennsylvania doesn't share your asinine hatred of populists. I remember when you made a map in some matchup with you winning PA and I said you'd never win populist-leaning PA and you replied with something like "i don't think pennsylvania's a populist state. casey is going to find that out once he loses." LOL!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies