What is Inhofe?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:08:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is Inhofe?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Dumb

Crazy man

Science abuser

Holocaust denier

Villain of the month

Hate-filled

Warmonger

Neanderthal

Genghis Khan

Attila the Hun

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: What is Inhofe?  (Read 3729 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/3/4/0515/68819
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

he is someone im ashamed to have in my party.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:22:34 PM »

As much as I don't agree with his politics, I still respect the man.  I don't appreciate you insulting the Senators of one of the greatest states in the Union.

What do I think of him:  Good man, just too conservative, but otherwise a good guy.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:28:14 PM »

As much as I don't agree with his politics, I still respect the man.  I don't appreciate you insulting the Senators of one of the greatest states in the Union.

What do I think of him:  Good man, just too conservative, but otherwise a good guy.

What do you respect about the guy???  He is a psychopath and mentally deranged.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »

I respect him for sticking to his beliefs.  Same with President Bush.  No one can fault President Bush or Senator Inhofe for holding true to what they hold dear.  It may be misguided at times, but you HAVE to respect both men for that.

Conservatism and liberalism are not bad things.  Being conservative or being liberal is a very good thing.  One just has to be careful of taking their conservatism or liberalism too far which is what I think Jim Inhofe and Ted Kennedy have done, respectively.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

I respect him for sticking to his beliefs.  Same with President Bush.  No one can fault President Bush or Senator Inhofe for holding true to what they hold dear.  It may be misguided at times, but you HAVE to respect both men for that.

Conservatism and liberalism are not bad things.  Being conservative or being liberal is a very good thing.  One just has to be careful of taking their conservatism or liberalism too far which is what I think Jim Inhofe and Ted Kennedy have done, respectively.

Holding true to your beliefs is one thing.  Holding true to your beliefs when they are either batSh*# crazy or in the face face of a ton of evidence to the contrary or worse yet in this nuts case both is just asinine.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 12:03:28 AM »

I know that this is a super obvious reply, but would you respect Hitler or Mao for "holding true" to their beliefs, however misguided they may have been? I'm not sure that blindly sticking to fringe ideology necessarily merits respect.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »

I know that this is a super obvious reply, but would you respect Hitler or Mao for "holding true" to their beliefs, however misguided they may have been? I'm not sure that blindly sticking to fringe ideology necessarily merits respect.

If their ideology included the intentional mass extermination of 6 million Jews, then, yes, I do have a problem with it.  As long as the person's ideology doesn't directly threat an individual or a people group's lives, then I'm generally okay with it.

Are you guys trying to tell me that every single person in this country should HATE Inhofe or Coburn or other staunch conservatives?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »

If their ideology included the intentional mass extermination of 6 million Jews, then, yes, I do have a problem with it.  As long as the person's ideology doesn't directly threat an individual or a people group's lives, then I'm generally okay with it.

Are you guys trying to tell me that every single person in this country should HATE Inhofe or Coburn or other staunch conservatives?

Staunch conservatives in general?  No, Coburn & Inhofe?  yes.  Their is a difference between being a staunch conservative and being a staunch conservative who is deranged.  I don't think you comprehend how far to the right your two Senators actually are, nor the horrific way in which the two of them carry themselves. 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 12:52:05 AM »

It's unfortunate Inhofe won't be around to watch the global warming fans eat crow.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 01:28:40 AM »

He's crazy, and while Global Warming is bull he still screws that one up

still better than other people
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 01:30:12 AM »

Freedom Fighter. All I gotta say is, if you're pissing off liberals you're doing something right.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 03:29:15 AM »

He's the worst United States Senator by a fair margin. From a profile dubbing him one of the dumbest members of Congress:

As far back as 1972, he called for Democratic presidential nominee George McGovern to be "hanged with Jane Fonda" for referring to alleged atrocities committed by American troops in Vietnam. In 2001, he took to the Senate floor to announce that Israel was justified in whatever treatment it handed out to Palestinians because, after all, God had promised the Jews the land they occupied. For good measure, he also called Palestinian terror bombers practitioners of "satanic evil," and intimated to the New Republic that both Bill and Hillary Clinton were out to assassinate him.

There was also this: "My wife and I have been married 47 years. We have 20 kids and grandkids. I'm really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we've never had a divorce or a homosexual relationship."

Coburn looks respectable and mainstream next to this guy. I voted "dumb," "crazy man," "science abuser," "hate-filled," "warmonger," and "Neanderthal."
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »

Basically, some of Inhofe's statements over the years is kind of what you can expect from the psychotically deranged and not befitting a Senator from one of the greatest states in the union. Oklahoma deserves better, and, indeed, can do better, than that

I'm sure there's no shortage of good moderate-to-conservative Republicans, or Democrats, who Oklahoma could elect to the Senate

Dave
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »

I was just kidding with you all.  While it is true that I do respect the man as a man, I don't like his politics.  That's why I'm avidly supporting the Democratic Party to put up a strong candidate to unseat him.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »

A great senator and puts enviromentalists in there place, put of course in fairness I wouldn't expect JFern to put up a realistic thread
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »

I was just kidding with you all.  While it is true that I do respect the man as a man, I don't like his politics.  That's why I'm avidly supporting the Democratic Party to put up a strong candidate to unseat him.

Good Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »

A great senator and puts enviromentalists in there place, put of course in fairness I wouldn't expect JFern to put up a realistic thread

Did you actually read what he said?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »

He reminds me of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

He is a dumb, a crazy man, etc. etc., but so are a majority of Oklies.
Deano963

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 12:15:46 AM »

James Inhofe could potentially turn out to be 2008's George Allen.

There's a very good chance IMO that Inhofe could beat himself by saying something incredibly stupid, and the Democrats should be in position to take advantage of this by having a solid, credible challenger in place like they did in VA in '06. The lesson from the '06 VA race was to never give anyone a free pass, b/c anything can happen.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 01:39:55 AM »

He's the worst United States Senator by a fair margin. From a profile dubbing him one of the dumbest members of Congress:

As far back as 1972, he called for Democratic presidential nominee George McGovern to be "hanged with Jane Fonda" for referring to alleged atrocities committed by American troops in Vietnam. In 2001, he took to the Senate floor to announce that Israel was justified in whatever treatment it handed out to Palestinians because, after all, God had promised the Jews the land they occupied. For good measure, he also called Palestinian terror bombers practitioners of "satanic evil,"

Good, because he was right.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 12:06:03 PM »

Okies are not dumb and crazy.  I don't know why you would even say such a statement that you know is completely false.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »

Okies are not dumb and crazy.  I don't know why you would even say such a statement that you know is completely false.

I do?  I've never been to Okliehomie, but I can certainly report that a majority of rural Missourians are, shall we say, not ideal citizens, and the tendency increases as you head SouthWest within my not-so-great state.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »

I do?  I've never been to Okliehomie, but I can certainly report that a majority of rural Missourians are, shall we say, not ideal citizens, and the tendency increases as you head SouthWest within my not-so-great state.

Oh, so you're saying that urban folk are better than rural folk?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies