The Hill: N.H. Senate hopeful thinks voters will see his work ethic, not his age
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:59:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Hill: N.H. Senate hopeful thinks voters will see his work ethic, not his age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Hill: N.H. Senate hopeful thinks voters will see his work ethic, not his age  (Read 2629 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »

A Republican winning again statewide in Massachussetts would be like a Democrat winning statewide in Utah.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »

A Republican winning again statewide in Massachussetts would be like a Democrat winning statewide in Utah.

Not...exactly.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »

What does MA think of him overall? I got a gut feeling he's going to be a one term governor.

63 percent approve, according to SUSA.

he is getting a lot of bad press over the cadillac episode and $10,000 drapes.

im not so sure he will be a one term governor.  he can totally screw up, but the republicans really dont have any one to run that can win statewide.

You can b!tch about Patrick all you want now, but the fact is that's because he's governor, and won by a large margin in spite of your prediction. Similar to the your predictions in the PA Senate, OH Governor and MN Senate races as well.

Point: Your track record is hardly great.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »

Not...exactly.

Yeah; there's actually a few elected Democrats in Utah. Tongue
Deano963

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »

You can't say you predict Brown will be gone when he's already announced that he isn't going to seek re-election. 

What are you talking about?

Yeh, I've never actually once heard or read about Brown having said this either. I don't know where people are getting their info from when they say this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 11:54:16 PM »

Democrats control 1/3 of Utah's House seats.

Republicans control 0 of Massachusetts' House seats.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »

im not so sure he will be a one term governor.  he can totally screw up, but the republicans really dont have any one to run that can win statewide.

Someone posted this in response to a conservative blogger's attack on that issue:

You expected Governor Patrick to have an unfurnished office? Because this is what this boils down to. Since Romney took the furniture from the office with him, it had to be replaced. For that reason, this will blow over (whatever your "friends" say).

Expect Patrick to be easily reelected as long as he wants the office. After all, the GOoPers don't have anyone to run against him, since they have no statewide officeholders left in the Commonwealth, and a whopping 12% of the legislature.

He's right. Wink

i think expecting tax payers to pay $1100 a month to provide you a car (almost double that of previous governors) and $10k for drapes, and a 70K per year assistant for your wife, is a bit excessive.

patrick thinks rather highly of himself

oh and just today...it comes to light that patrick is using his influence to help some loan sharks (that he used to 'work' for)

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/03/patrick_regrets_1.html

To paraphrase the folks over at Blue Mass Group, the car and drapes don't matter.  The call Patrick made on behalf of Ameriquest, a sub-prime mortgage lender he used to work for that was under investigation by the state for hurting consumers...that matters.  I mean, Citigroup, does massive amounts of business with the Commonwealth.  What the hell was he thinking?

I mean, goddamn, you're the GOVERNOR now, Patrick.  You work for ME, not Ameriquest, and insisting you were calling as a "private citizen" just doesn't wash.  Massive breach of common sense, and part of a very worrying pattern of "rookie" mistakes any trained staff should have caught.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 02:56:29 PM »

Someone posted this in response to a conservative blogger's attack on that issue:

You expected Governor Patrick to have an unfurnished office? Because this is what this boils down to. Since Romney took the furniture from the office with him, it had to be replaced. For that reason, this will blow over (whatever your "friends" say).

Expect Patrick to be easily reelected as long as he wants the office. After all, the GOoPers don't have anyone to run against him, since they have no statewide officeholders left in the Commonwealth, and a whopping 12% of the legislature.

He's right. Wink

i think expecting tax payers to pay $1100 a month to provide you a car (almost double that of previous governors) and $10k for drapes, and a 70K per year assistant for your wife, is a bit excessive.

patrick thinks rather highly of himself

oh and just today...it comes to light that patrick is using his influence to help some loan sharks (that he used to 'work' for)

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/03/patrick_regrets_1.html

To paraphrase the folks over at Blue Mass Group, the car and drapes don't matter.  The call Patrick made on behalf of Ameriquest, a sub-prime mortgage lender he used to work for that was under investigation by the state for hurting consumers...that matters.  I mean, Citigroup, does massive amounts of business with the Commonwealth.  What the hell was he thinking?

I mean, goddamn, you're the GOVERNOR now, Patrick.  You work for ME, not Ameriquest, and insisting you were calling as a "private citizen" just doesn't wash.  Massive breach of common sense, and part of a very worrying pattern of "rookie" mistakes any trained staff should have caught.

well said.

this is becoming a pattern with patrick.  he does something really silly and stupid and he spends a few days defending his actions.  then when the press coverage gets too hot, he comes out and apologizes and says he made a 'mistake'.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies