Confirmation Hearing: Bullmoose88 (Attorney General)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:58:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Bullmoose88 (Attorney General)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Bullmoose88 (Attorney General)  (Read 3093 times)
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:51 PM »

President Afleitch has nominated Bullmoose88 to serve as Attorney General.  The nominee is invited to make an opening statement.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:03:40 PM »

Good afternoon. I'd like to begin by thanking President Afleitch for his trust and support, and for nominating me to this esteemed office. For those who don't know me, I have several terms of judicial experience as the Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast, and I have briefly served as the Lt. Governor, and Governor of the Northeast.

I'll keep my remarks brief and I welcome any questions the committee might have.

I feel at this juncture in atlasia's history, it needs an active attorney general to 1) prosecute those who offend federal law, 2) explore federal legal issues both in our statutes and in our common law, and 3) represent the administration and the country with the highest sense of dignity and honor.

I reserve the balance of my time, and yield to any questions that the Senate may have.

Thank you.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »

A few questions, if I may:
1. Will you update the wiki with whatever federal legislative measures come to pass during the term?

I feel at this juncture in atlasia's history, it needs an active attorney general to 1) prosecute those who offend federal law, 2) explore federal legal issues both in our statutes and in our common law, and 3) represent the administration and the country with the highest sense of dignity and honor.
Following on from your statement:

2. Are their citizens in Atlasia you have in mind currently to prosectue?
3. Could you expand further on what you mean by exploring the legal issues affecting our statutes and common law?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »

A few questions, if I may:
1. Will you update the wiki with whatever federal legislative measures come to pass during the term?

Following on from your statement:

2. Are their citizens in Atlasia you have in mind currently to prosectue?
3. Could you expand further on what you mean by exploring the legal issues affecting our statutes and common law?

Senator,

Thank you for your questions. I'll address them in the order they were asked.

1. I'd be more than willing to update the wiki...assuming someone shows me how to use the thing.

2. and 3.

I consider questions 2 and 3 to be linked. As it stands right now, it would be very hard to prosecute an actual forum member of atlasia. A couple of reasons. a) many prosecutions that occur in real life are state level actions b) Hardly anything that a forummer does in this sim is a crime...no corporate crime, no forum drug kingpins etc....

Ideally the GM would either to create scenarios allowing prosecution...either of a simulated citizen or of an actual forummer.

This leads into question 3. Atlasia both at the regional and federal level has very little in terms of statutory law, and what statutory law exist hasn't been tested in court (what good is law if its not used? I intend to use it). As productive as the Senate and the Court have been, our body of statutes and common law is rather undefined. I intend, hopefully with the assistance of fellow forummers and/or the GM...to bring suits which examine interesting legal issues to build a body of common law (since basically almost every case here is a case of first impression) until the Senate replaces what it sees as bad decisions.

Thank You
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »

1. I'd be more than willing to update the wiki...assuming someone shows me how to use the thing.

If you don't have a wiki account, you have to ask Dave for one. Editing it itself isn't very difficult, and if you need any help in this regard, myself or indeed any of the regular wiki contributors should be useful.

Anyway, thanks for your answers and best of luck. Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:49:36 AM »

We will now vote on whether to confirm bullmoose88 as Attorney General.

---

Aye
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 07:39:20 AM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »

Aye
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 02:27:12 PM »

Nay, I want him to stay as NE CJO so as to save fezzy the effort of finding a new one.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

Aye

Worse comes to worst Ernest we could always assign our CJO job to the Supreme Court.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 02:04:13 AM »

With 4 ayes and 1 nay, bullmoose88 has been confirmed as Attorney General.  Congratulations!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:31:16 AM »

Thank you.

I figure I have to ask dave for a wiki account...could someone tell me how to work the afewiki? No rush...I wont be ready to start for a few more days. Thanks!
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

Bullmoose,
If you have any wiki questions, I will try to answer them for you.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »

How do i go about asking dave for an account? post in the admin board...or fill out an app or what
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »

How do i go about asking dave for an account? post in the admin board...or fill out an app or what

Just send Dave a PM asking for one. He should get back with you in 24 hours or so.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:07 PM »

(still waiting on dave...I believe i pm'ed him. It is possible i'm going crazy though)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »

Does dave reply by PM or does he send emails?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »

Does dave reply by PM or does he send emails?

I thought it was email but I would suggest doing both.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 01:36:01 PM »

well...my old email must have expired or something...I just switched it. I'll PM dave tomorrow again, (dont want to be a pest).
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 11:11:22 PM »

Got the account. I think.

Now if someone will kindly post/direct me to an Idiots...err a Bullmoose's guide to wiki editing.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 11:20:19 PM »

I can help you, but it will have to wait until Monday. The quick version is go to the url you want to use ( https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Some_New_Act ) and copy an existing Act and make the appropriate changes. More details either tomorrow or Sunday.

BTW, I would recommend you start a new thread called the Attorney General's office or something similar since you have been confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies