GOP Sets Sights on Landrieu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP Sets Sights on Landrieu
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Sets Sights on Landrieu  (Read 1297 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »

The National Republican Senatorial Committee released a poll yesterday aimed at demonstrating the vulnerability of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) in her 2008 reelection bid.

Fifty-one percent of the sample said they would vote to reelect Landrieu and 42 percent said they would consider someone new -- a sign, according to pollster Glen Bolger, that Landrieu is a "vulnerable Democratic incumbent."

Although Bolger writes that "when voters are given a choice between Landrieu and a Republican they know, they invariably choose the Republican," the poll memo includes data for only one statewide head-to-head matchup: Rep. Bobby Jindal (R-La.), who is running for governor this year, led Landrieu by 55 percent to 39 percent. No matchup between Landrieu and Rep. Richard H. Baker (La.) -- the Republicans' preferred candidate -- is mentioned in the memo.

Landrieu won her seat in 1996 by 5,788 votes and was reelected in 2002 with 52 percent of the vote.

http://www.swingstateproject.com/frontPage.do
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »

Yes, they should spend all of their resources on defeating John Kerry, because 2008 will be a great year for Republicans in Massachusetts.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »

Yes, they should spend all of their resources on defeating John Kerry, because 2008 will be a great year for Republicans in Massachusetts.

I would have no objections to that plan.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »

Is that sarcasm?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 07:03:05 PM »

Jfern vs. Jamespol battle, this could go nowhere fast
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:28:33 AM »

It seems odd that they would post the results of a poll pitting Jindal against her since he is running for governor this year and it seems unlikely he would want to mount another statewide campaign just one year later.  Also it would probably look overly ambitious for him to mount a Senate campaign right after winning the governor's office.  I'm not discounting Sen. Landrieu's vulnerability but it just seems silly to put up a poll between her and Jindal when it is highly unlikely that they will actually face each other in 2008.  I'm actually betting on Louisiana being a GOP pickup unless there is news of a mass return of citizens to New Orleans before the election.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:53:45 PM »

I see Landrieu as one of the most conservative dems in the senate, so i think a moderate republican wouldn't be much of a difference, except to make a change in the balance of power.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »

I am supporting Landrieu.  She is vulnerable and could be knocked off, but I hope not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies