Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 07:47:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
| | |-+  2004 and beyond.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2004 and beyond.....  (Read 12786 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2004, 01:38:19 pm »
Ignore

I'm gonna make a few points on FDR and Reagan. First off, M is compeltely right that the percentage of EVs is the thing to look at, anything else is ridiculous. That's like saying that Nader is much more popular than Washington was, b/c Nader recieved more popular votes. And the highest EV-percentage since pre-civil war era IS FDR, in 1936.

One of the left-wingers in these times were Ronald Reagan, btw, who supported freedom of speech for Communists, one of the things that makes him great in my opinion. Just a little reminder, PD. There was not thousands of spies everywhere, I thought McCarthy was well buried, but I guess I was wrong.

To RP: I am pretty sure that Churchill did what he could to fight Stalin, but was betrayed by FDR and Britan was too weak to go on it's own. FDR and Eisenhower, like most Americans of that time, failed to see the Communist threat in time, which put much of Eastern Europe into Soviet hands.

McCarthy has gotten an unfairly negative appraisal - after all, history is written by the winners.

McCarthy went nuts, I think most people would agree on that.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2004, 01:41:45 pm »
Ignore

I'm gonna make a few points on FDR and Reagan. First off, M is compeltely right that the percentage of EVs is the thing to look at, anything else is ridiculous. That's like saying that Nader is much more popular than Washington was, b/c Nader recieved more popular votes. And the highest EV-percentage since pre-civil war era IS FDR, in 1936.

One of the left-wingers in these times were Ronald Reagan, btw, who supported freedom of speech for Communists, one of the things that makes him great in my opinion. Just a little reminder, PD. There was not thousands of spies everywhere, I thought McCarthy was well buried, but I guess I was wrong.

To RP: I am pretty sure that Churchill did what he could to fight Stalin, but was betrayed by FDR and Britan was too weak to go on it's own. FDR and Eisenhower, like most Americans of that time, failed to see the Communist threat in time, which put much of Eastern Europe into Soviet hands.

McCarthy has gotten an unfairly negative appraisal - after all, history is written by the winners.

The messenger may have been flawed, but the message was a good one.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2004, 02:05:09 pm »
Ignore

The messenger may have been flawed, but the message was a good one.

What, ban everyone with the wrong opinions?

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Citizen Alfred
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 08:16:19 am »
Ignore

Welcome to the forum! Trent Lott would be a decidedly bad choice as VP. Cheney is a good man, but I think we need to have Bush's political heir apparent on the ticket, hopefully Rudy. And I agree, Rudi-Condi would be an unstoppable ticket.

Hehehehe

Bump much?

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »
Ignore

Welcome to the forum! Trent Lott would be a decidedly bad choice as VP. Cheney is a good man, but I think we need to have Bush's political heir apparent on the ticket, hopefully Rudy. And I agree, Rudi-Condi would be an unstoppable ticket.

Hehehehe

Bump much?

Sorry, this was when I was a REALLY new poster, and though it was a good idea to bump things. I didn't understand the severe consequences then.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
MrMittens
Mittens

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:37 pm »
Ignore

What the  happened to Opebo. He was actually making sense back in 2004.
blagohair.com
unempprof
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:44 am »
Ignore

I suggest all you dems read Ann Coulter's books "Slander" and "Treason". I also Recommend Sean Hannity's book "Let Freedom Ring". I could recommend a hundred more, but I won't waste my time and post space because I know none of you liberals will ever even make an effort at it.

hahahahahaha

Healthcare is a right, not a moneymaking business - Bernie Sanders

American Exceptionalism: The only industrialized nation in which health care is not a universal right, but gun ownership is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout