2004 and beyond.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:58:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 and beyond.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2004 and beyond.....  (Read 25671 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2004, 01:38:19 PM »

I'm gonna make a few points on FDR and Reagan. First off, M is compeltely right that the percentage of EVs is the thing to look at, anything else is ridiculous. That's like saying that Nader is much more popular than Washington was, b/c Nader recieved more popular votes. And the highest EV-percentage since pre-civil war era IS FDR, in 1936.

One of the left-wingers in these times were Ronald Reagan, btw, who supported freedom of speech for Communists, one of the things that makes him great in my opinion. Just a little reminder, PD. There was not thousands of spies everywhere, I thought McCarthy was well buried, but I guess I was wrong.

To RP: I am pretty sure that Churchill did what he could to fight Stalin, but was betrayed by FDR and Britan was too weak to go on it's own. FDR and Eisenhower, like most Americans of that time, failed to see the Communist threat in time, which put much of Eastern Europe into Soviet hands.

McCarthy has gotten an unfairly negative appraisal - after all, history is written by the winners.

McCarthy went nuts, I think most people would agree on that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2004, 01:41:45 PM »

I'm gonna make a few points on FDR and Reagan. First off, M is compeltely right that the percentage of EVs is the thing to look at, anything else is ridiculous. That's like saying that Nader is much more popular than Washington was, b/c Nader recieved more popular votes. And the highest EV-percentage since pre-civil war era IS FDR, in 1936.

One of the left-wingers in these times were Ronald Reagan, btw, who supported freedom of speech for Communists, one of the things that makes him great in my opinion. Just a little reminder, PD. There was not thousands of spies everywhere, I thought McCarthy was well buried, but I guess I was wrong.

To RP: I am pretty sure that Churchill did what he could to fight Stalin, but was betrayed by FDR and Britan was too weak to go on it's own. FDR and Eisenhower, like most Americans of that time, failed to see the Communist threat in time, which put much of Eastern Europe into Soviet hands.

McCarthy has gotten an unfairly negative appraisal - after all, history is written by the winners.

The messenger may have been flawed, but the message was a good one.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2004, 02:05:09 PM »

The messenger may have been flawed, but the message was a good one.

What, ban everyone with the wrong opinions?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Trent Lott would be a decidedly bad choice as VP. Cheney is a good man, but I think we need to have Bush's political heir apparent on the ticket, hopefully Rudy. And I agree, Rudi-Condi would be an unstoppable ticket.

Hehehehe

Bump much?
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Trent Lott would be a decidedly bad choice as VP. Cheney is a good man, but I think we need to have Bush's political heir apparent on the ticket, hopefully Rudy. And I agree, Rudi-Condi would be an unstoppable ticket.

Hehehehe

Bump much?

Sorry, this was when I was a REALLY new poster, and though it was a good idea to bump things. I didn't understand the severe consequences then.
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »

What the  happened to Opebo. He was actually making sense back in 2004.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:44 AM »

I suggest all you dems read Ann Coulter's books "Slander" and "Treason". I also Recommend Sean Hannity's book "Let Freedom Ring". I could recommend a hundred more, but I won't waste my time and post space because I know none of you liberals will ever even make an effort at it.

hahahahahaha
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies